Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
I have the seat and backrest. The backrest has little to no flex that I can detect. It works for me and my passenger. However, I would not advise you to tie any luggage to it. It is held in by a roller pin type device latching to a little slot cut into the support bar. It may come up out of the seat if you hit a bump having the luggage attached to it. All that is needed is an upward pull to remove the backrest.
Other than this, I love the backrest. It is adjustable for forward/backward positions. Being on the short-legged side, I have mine adjusted all the way forward. I have the king seat. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply.
So you're saying that the forward to back adjustment is independent of the height adjustment? As far as luggage, I usually set my luggage, on the rack of my Valkyrie and it straps around the sissy bar to hold it on. It sounds like that might not be too reliable from what you are saying.

I just ordered the MP3 rack and have the brackets on the way. I'm debating on which way to go for the backrest. Like I said, I plan on getting the Ultimate, but was debating getting the bracket for the OEM and then the Ultimate backrest that mounts to that. You seem to be pretty secure in the sturdiness of the removable backrest though.