Question on Mustang Seat

Thread: Question on Mustang Seat

Question on Mustang Seat

I like the looks of the seat alot but it looks like on their web site that it does not come with a backrest. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I diffently need that back support!

If you want a backrest than pick another seat, Mustang does not come or offer backrest at this time for this seat. The reason is that this seat is very different than any other Mustang seat and it comes with 8" of vertical lumbar support built in the seat itself.

Look at the picture of my bike with the Mustang seat below:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I did over 1000 miles on it recently in couple of days and the built in lumbar support fits the bill perfectly for me. Additional backrest is not needed in my opinion.

But opinions vary. So, if you want a removable and adjustable backrest try Ultimate, Corbin and others.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I like the looks of the seat alot but it looks like on their web site that it does not come with a backrest. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I diffently need that back support!
    There is not an option for a Drivers Backrest with that specific Tripper Fastback Seat from Mustang. They may sometime have an option but not in the near future.
    We have sold a few of them already with feedback from everyone that there is enough back support. The feedback also has been 100% positive at least from our customers.

Hope this helps.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    If you want a backrest than pick another seat, Mustang does not come or offer backrest at this time for this seat. The reason is that this seat is very different than any other Mustang seat and it comes with 8" of vertical lumbar support built in the seat itself.

Look at the picture of my bike with the Mustang seat below:

Attachment 4387Attachment 4386

I did over 1000 miles on it recently in couple of days and the built in lumbar support fits the bill perfectly for me. Additional backrest is not needed in my opinion.

But opinions vary. So, if you want a removable and adjustable backrest try Ultimate, Corbin and others.
    Those are some incredibly nice pictures.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    Those are some incredibly nice pictures.
    Thanks, I love downtown St. Petersburg FL!

This is my Mustang seat backrest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mustang seat is near perfect…no back rest needed!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Mustang seat

I purchased my f6b from the dealership and they sold me the mustang seat. Reason I paid extra was I am 5'9 and the mustang seat drops you down an extra inch which get me totally flat footed on the ground.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwprime View Post
    I purchased my f6b from the dealership and they sold me the mustang seat. Reason I paid extra was I am 5'9 and the mustang seat drops you down an extra inch which get me totally flat footed on the ground.
    New home for this mis-located post.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.