No Cruise for 2014 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Cruise for 2014

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    As many have said before, buy a 2014 Wing in black, ride it 'as is' or 'retro fit' it with the F6B parts of your liking.

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/gold-wing/colors.aspx

You can get (and pay for) all the bells and whistles that way. Cruise, ABS, Reverse, Navi, etc etc etc

If ya don't want/need that stuff, look for the de-contented version of the Wing,,, the F6B.

No matter where Honda draws the line, someone will say it should have been drawn elsewhere.

The answer is really very simple, just buy a Wing and cut the trunk off!

Is it hard to do a trunk removal on a Wing and make it like an F6B? Wasn't sure anyone made a kit like that. I have to admit that would be tempting that way you'd have a heated seat, ABS, Navi and Cruise. Hmmm

Cruise control, and other musings.

Folks-
    The 2013 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom that was traded in for my 2013 F6B had cruise control. This was one feature that I was looking forward to using, but I ended up using it very infrequently. I don't miss cruise control on the F6B, and would be unlikely to order it if it was available from Honda.

The F6B brakes are much better those on the ABS-equipped Road Glide. That turned out to be a surprising discovery.

The factory-installed heated grips of the F6B Deluxe work at least as well as H-D accessory heated grips. (I've used four different sets on three different Harleys.)

Honda likely kept the cruise control off of the F6B to meet a price point for the American marketplace. The Owners Manual says that Canadian F6Bs are equipped with a tool kit, while US-market F6Bs are not. This may or may not seem rational... If one wants to solve a mystery, they need only look at Harley-Davidson, as there are plenty of marketing mysteries there.

Lucas in Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    yeah same boat here with the cruise, it would be nice but I've learned to live without it. If I need it that bad I'll ride my Victory. The Go Cruise works great and spending well over $1000 for convenience is just kinda crazy. Not to mention it looks like they put the controls on the wrong side of the handlebars, shouldn't that be on the other side? You know thumb style operation? I know Audiovox used to make one, my buddy put it on a VStrom and it worked great for years and it was sub $200.
    I installed mine on the right side. Some have bought stock Goldwing switches and wired those in for a factory looking install as well.

F6Bcruise.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    Is it hard to do a trunk removal on a Wing and make it like an F6B? Wasn't sure anyone made a kit like that. I have to admit that would be tempting that way you'd have a heated seat, ABS, Navi and Cruise. Hmmm
    All OEM parts. Bolt off, bolt on.
    Schroders (sp?) did one a while back, but they started out with a BLUE 2013 wing. The tri-color bike they ended up with didn't really look quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    +1

Power, Agility, Dependability, Curb Appeal and a 62 pound weight reduction goal appears to have been the formula Honda applied to the F6B. Knowing that, why would anyone bother buying a 6 when what they really wanted was a "Loaded GL1800 Wing The answer to that is, of course, "Price Break Point"! Folks want all the goodies of a loaded machine at a basic price. Maybe Honda should address this issue by offering a "customer deletion program". The buyer would have the ability to delete any option on a Custom Ordered Wing. Imagine how long it would take to get your hands on one. Like the auto manufacturers of old, you could sit down with your salesperson and, line by line, add or delete what you perceive to be your perfect option equipped cycle. That of course would include paint color with clear coat and the removal of the "Lazy Boy" and "Hope Chest" which adorns the rear of the Regular GL1800 Wing
    Reading this argument is driving me nuts. I love the F6B But I miss the Hell out of CRUISE CONTROL. I am one of the yahoo's that would pay for an aftermarket unit. I'm sure many others would as well. Perhaps someone will come out with a self install kit. Like I said, I love the F6B and quite frankly don't think much of the Full touring Goldwing and never have. I have no doubt that if someone comes out with a do it yourself Cruise Control it will sell like Hot cakes!.........................Dickie

Unmentioned Option

For all the interest on the subject of "cruise control" by current 6 owners, there is one option which has been overlooked!

Those who are "mechanically inclined" could purchase a "salvaged wing" giving them access to not only a plug & play CC but a spare rear differential, GPS etc. These factor OEM parts should fit without modification! When done stripping the accessories one requires, resell the skeletal remains and you're "golden"

Here's a peek at some GW Wrecks!

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...ng+motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I love the F6B But I miss the Hell out of CRUISE CONTROL. I am one of the yahoo's that would pay for an aftermarket unit.
    Break out the wallet and call the guys 'down under' listed earlier in this thread.

Ph +61 3 9808 2804 Fax +61 3 9808 2445

--------_CMYK_small Email: sales@--------.com Web: www.--------.com

Roll up the sleeves,,, Post a few pics of the install along the way,,, done!!!

Sounds like perfect winter mod material!

Major problem with the Aussie cruise control is that it tends to cut out when you're not to the left of the yellow line.