F6B Break-in period - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: F6B Break-in period

Quote Originally Posted by deb99 View Post
    LOL !!!! Maybe I should really have said couchy since I sometimes feel like falling asleep.... especially when cruise is on...
    The Concours 14 felt slow to me when coming from a ZZR1200. The F6B's power delivery is quite different and takes a while to get used to. At least it did for me. It's actually pretty fast. 0 to 60 is within a few tenths of second to the C14. The F6B is just so dam comfortable. Scrapping those pegs should wake you up

Peg Dragging

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Over 28,000 miles and I haven't scraped a peg yet. My boot touched once, kinda like seaweed hitting your foot in the ocean...ok, call me grandma
    Have almost 55K miles on the clock and never dragged a peg! I can honestly say that about every bike I've ever owned! Guess I'm a bit "Faint-Hearted" when it comes too that "spark flying maneuver"! Some believe it a "manly skill/trait", but IMHO, it simply demonstrates a condition of "overly-large gonads" (ego/bragging right). Everyone has their own riding style and know's their own limitations. I'll leave "laying my 6 on its side" for changing the "rear tire"

I thought the scraping was built into the bike to wake us old people up when the road straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Have almost 55K miles on the clock and never dragged a peg! I can honestly say that about every bike I've ever owned! Guess I'm a bit "Faint-Hearted" when it comes too that "spark flying maneuver"! Some believe it a "manly skill/trait", but IMHO, it simply demonstrates a condition of "overly-large gonads" (ego/bragging right). Everyone has their own riding style and know's their own limitations. I'll leave "laying my 6 on its side" for changing the "rear tire"
    Not making any judgments here. However, I will respond that this bike will scrape pretty easily. One doesn't have to ride them that hard to scrape the pegs.

I will also add, that I have followed others on their F6Bs and listened to them scrape every corner while I didn't touch down once. Riding technique can make a difference.

I put the Air Ride on mine and now I have even more cornering clearance on demand.

After I installed the Titanium pucks on my pegs, I found myself negating some of my learned technique to purposely drag my pegs to throw sparks.

Like in this pic.

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Well I came off a 2012 ZX14R

And while the B doesn't accelerate like it did, I have no problem hitting 80 in a quick manner for the size of the bike.

Just ride it ... change oil and ride some more .