Strongly considering the F6B, have a few minor concerns

Thread: Strongly considering the F6B, have a few minor concerns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just completed and a single day 500 mile round trip up into the hills of Pennsylvania on my 2015 Deluxe yesterday, and this only complaint I have is cleaning the bugs off the bike this morning. This machine is awsome. Ran between 70-80 mph for the majority of the trip and it performed flawlessly. I'm sure once you make a long run on one, you're gonna love it. I know I do.

The brakes on this touring machine are absolutely some of the best i've experienced. While I too wished for ABS on the F6B (for those unsuspected occurrences) you really won't need them. I do wish Honda would have employed a similar brake strategy as Harley…they utilize a linked ABS braking system that separates front from rear below 20mph - very nice for dragging the rear brake only for low speed maneuvers. In any case, there are so many other fantastic characteristics of this bike that I enjoy, I have completely gotten over the lack of ABS.

shooter
    I've ridden a lot of different bikes over the years. I've had occasion to make a few dozen panic stops with the B. This bike has some of the best brakes on the planet. Having said that , it's the "GO" function I like the best. If the brakes are what you're worried about , don't worry.

ABS

I've wanted this bike since it came out and just got one this past fall. Have been waiting for abs myself. I have an 09 C-14ABS and didn't want to be without ABS again. There were days I swore I would never be without ABS.
    I accidently bought another Harley in 14 with ABS while I was waiting For f6b to get ABS. It stopped great but didn't go. I traded it in on my f6b
    I'm not sorry.

I've got better than 16 hours riding in rain and tried to make the rear tire lock up in the rain numerous times without success. I'm not going to attempt on paint, gravel, or Leaves but my brain wont allow me to use ABS then either. My biggest fear was once I got used to ABS, would I be more careless without it. Its like riding a bike. Went back to my old ways.
    Good Tire technology and linked brakes gives me some confidence. Just my opinion, Its not ABS but its some serious stopping ability.

I've heard taller people have issues with these bikes?! I'm 6ft only have 6k so far but I love it.

I love the way The F6B handles in corners. Its so stable it makes me laugh. I do scrape more often then I like. Working on cornering technics so I can corner a little faster without scraping.
    (I have to add The C-14 has more cornering ability then I do)

For me its a relief to finally get this bike and not wait for the ABS anymore.
    I let a Hardcore BMW guy ride MY C-14 a while back He came back with a huge smile on his face and said
    "Its a little heavy in corners, But its fast. You can't have everything. Great bike!"
    That always plays back in my head..."you can't have everything"

Great responses by all. I appreciate them. I try not to buy bikes that often, attempting to research them out and stick with them once I purchase them. I do like this bike, and the responses on the ABS help. Once I sell my 1200GS (Hopefully this week), I will likely pull the trigger on a clean, used F6B. Loving this forum already, thanks again to all.

Too bad you're not closer to our border.... our weak Canadian dollar and ABS equipped bikes would make you happy... as for cornering clearance, yes, you can drag the pegs, belly pan and even the engine guards. The beauty of it is the damn bike is so stable and confidence inspiring that you don't mind doing it! I'm using a bit more of a sport bike "hang off" style these days.