Goldwing front mask WILL fit f6b

Thread: Goldwing front mask WILL fit f6b

Goldwing front mask WILL fit f6b

All you have to do is cut the lower "legs" off 1" above the bottom and tuck the edge up between the hose and side/front/lower fairing. All other attach points work.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_A View Post
    All you have to do is cut the lower "legs" off 1" above the bottom and tuck the edge up between the hose and side/front/lower fairing. All other attach points work.
    Um. What?

You don't have to cut off anything !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    You don't have to cut off anything !!!
    Amen Bro!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

I'm actually referring to this: http://wingstuff.com/products/53-fro...ask-for-gl1800 which is also offered for 2012 and later Goldwings. It's the vinyl mask or "bra" to keep bugs from permanently implanting themselves in the crap paint. While the nose and upper part of the fairing are the same, the lower bit just above where the aux. driving lights would go immediately above the side panels (where the radiators exit) IS different. On the Goldwings, the side panel extends lower, almost touching the cylinder heads and the top of the "chin" piece (that surrounds the driving lights). Since this area is different, and effectively shorter, the mask (or bra) will not properly attach in that area. This is why Honda only lists them for the Goldwings, not the F6B. Not willing to take "no" for an answer, I got one cheap off e-bay and thought I'd give it a try. It fits up great, except for that lower bit. My solution was to cut off the last 1" or so to eliminate the plastic "clips" since there is nothing down there for them to attach to, and take the cut edge and tuck it up between the side fairing lowers (at the extreme front) and a coolant hose that passes immediately adjacent to the panel. There is a chafing sleeve already around the hose, which barely makes contact with the fairing panels. Tucking the vinyl edge between the hose and fairing is a tight fit - should be tight enough to keep everything secure when at warp speed, and the chafing sleeve should adequately protect the hose - all of which has just enough "give" to get away with this. I'll get some pics - bike is stuck in garage at a bad angle right now - in a few days. But the vinyl mask may be a pretty good alternative to permanent paint damage from bugs, rocks, road crap, etc.

I thought it was common knowledge the masks do more damage than nature? No? Haven't seen a car bra for 15-20 years...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Been using them on cars for over 20 years. Yeah, you have to take them off and give them a good cleaning every now and then, but they do good job of protecting the finish. Never had any paint damage issues due to using them, but I am pretty fastidious about keeping everything ship-shape. They certainly are not a "set and forget" option!

I have always thought they ruined the look of a vehicle. I have never understood why someone would use something unattractive to preserve the attractiveness of something that now can't be seen because it is constantly covered in the unattractive solution.

It's like wearing a bib to work because you don't want to risk getting coffee on your good shirt.

OooooPoooosssss Sorry,,,,, Yea, I did the Bra once...once was enought for me !!!!

Good luck!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com