Ultimate King - Page 13
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Make that at least 3 of us. Shooter had his first for sure, but I couldn't tell by the pics just whatever it was. Then I was going through Ultimate's "Option Page" and saw it there and decided that's what I wanted. I've had it for over a month now and like it a lot. It was either going to be that or something with the "Ostrich with an inlay" but decided on the black/croc.
    COPYCAT!!!!! Ha Ha. You're riding on "The Shooter". I may get a patent on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    The stock cover may leak a bit. But the stock seat has a plastic layer on top of the foam just under the cover. That keeps the sponge from getting soaked. Big difference between just the cover being wet and the sponge getting saturated.

I had an Ultimate seat on my Valk that got caught in the rain overnight. I got to ride the next 12 hours with a wet butt! I would take the discomfort of the dry plastic layer all the time vs riding on a soaked seat all day. But that's just me.
    Sooooo...maybe the real reason the Ultimate is more breathable is not the material itself but that the plastic layer protecting the foam is missing. What about that Ultimate?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Sooooo...maybe the real reason the Ultimate is more breathable is not the material itself but that the plastic layer protecting the foam is missing. What about that Ultimate?
    Hornblower,

That is absolutely correct.

From our website: http://ultimateseats.ca/ultimate-seats-quality

"We do not use plastic between our foam and cover like the original seat that came on your motorcycle because we want our seats to breathe. Manufacturing our motorcycle seats without the sheet of plastic between the vinyl and foam allows for a cooler ride."

Best,
    Dave

I wish the plastic liner was an option. I've taken the ultimate seat back off for daily riding to work so I don't have to worry about soaking the foam. If the rain cover was easier to use this might not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by toy_collector View Post
    I wish the plastic liner was an option. I've taken the ultimate seat back off for daily riding to work so I don't have to worry about soaking the foam. If the rain cover was easier to use this might not be an issue.
    There has got to be something that we can treat the stitch lines with, to prevent water from seeping into the foam underneath.

Periodic application of warmed beeswax in the stitches? It would be pliable enough.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Those great folks at Ultimate Seats, Ormond Beach, FL

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Guys I wanted to wait till I had a chance to test this seat properly before I gave a report. I rode 250 miles Saturday. I can honestly say that my Ultimate King seat is the finest MC seat I have ever sat on. Never did I get "dead butt" or "burning butt" or feel any discomfort or feel like I needed to get off and rest. I am 6'1" and 290. My impressions. Seating position is exactly the same as the stock seat. Same distance from the bars. 1/2 to 3/4 inches higher. I feel this is because the foam doesn't compress as much. Nose us narrower so I really don't feel like its much difference on being flat foot at stop signs. I have a 32 inch inseam.
    Must add my two cents worth at this point. After a few phone calls, I rode over to Ultimate Seats today in Ormond Beach, had a King with driver's backrest installed, went for a test ride and then went back and made the purchase. Didn't take any longer than that to be sold on the comfort of their seats . . . and the folks at Ultimate absolutely know how to treat their customers. No hard sell, just confidence in their product. I knew I wanted it before I got five miles into the test ride, but the real test was driving three hours back home. I have to agree with shooter, never got "dead butt or burning butt" and was comfortable for the entire trip and I'm 6'2", 235 lbs with 32" inseam. The bony parts of my xss, which hurt like xell on the way there (on the factory seat) never bothered me on the return trip. On top of that, they're shipping my factory seat back to me at their expense! Doesn't get much better than that. Super people to deal with, can't say enough about them.

Proving that seating comfort is subjective however, and unlike shooters review, I definitely have more reach to the bars, which in my case was great since I have a 36" sleeve length. I also agree with shooter about the seat being marginally higher, but again that worked out great for my body build. And although I was flat-footed at stops, I felt that the nose of the seat was actually a tad wider, but then three people can review the same product and you'll get three different opinions. Lastly, build quality is excellent, haven't found any flaws in the seat what-so-ever. Also, they have one of the best warranties in the business. I realize that seats at this price point aren't for everyone, but if you really want a quality product, head over to Ormond Beach and see the folks at Ultimate.

PS: forgot to mention, they also threw in rain covers for the seat and backrest which made the deal even sweeter.

shooter
    Hey , you don't have to agree with me all the time. Just most of the time. Nah , just kidding 2015. We both do agree that its a fine product. All the seams are flawless and the pattern is perfectly centered on mine. But , as you said the proof is in the ride. Mighty Fine. That's the word. Great review 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    There has got to be something that we can treat the stitch lines with, to prevent water from seeping into the foam underneath.

Periodic application of warmed beeswax in the stitches? It would be pliable enough.
    It would seem that if you got the seat covering sealed so that it did not leak at all, it would be the similar to plastic. Meaning it would not breath. A lot of extra work to get the same result.

I second that plastic between the cover and the foam be an option.

I liked my Ultimate "lowboy" on my Valk. It looked cool and lowered me into the bike more. But, it still hurt after a couple of hours in the saddle.

Even with that, if Ultimate had made a lowboy for the F6, I would have bought it over the Mustang that I did get.

100_3837.jpg
    Albuquerque, NM

How does one "dry out" an Ultimate seat... after the unfortunate scenario of the foam getting wet?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    There has got to be something that we can treat the stitch lines with, to prevent water from seeping into the foam underneath........

There is, actually.

Go down to your friendly neighbourhood hiking/backpacking outfitters and tell them you want a couple tubes of 'SeamStuff'. It is designed for just exactly this sort of thing, except in gore-tex tents and sleeping bags.

Absolutely no idea how well it will work on a leather or vinyl seat.....especially with your butt rubbing back and forth on it all the time. It is also not very attractive. It doesn't disappear when it dries, it just turns an off-brown colour that gets darker with age. But, on backpacking equipment it works well.

Proceed at your own risk...I accept no blame.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---