OTD prices - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OTD prices

got a phone price of 17800 for black standard from chattanooga. after i arrived, did a little arm wrestling & got the price reduced to 17432 + ttl. plus they threw in $150 helmet at no charge. color me happy!!

I really hate when we try to compare OTD prices because TT&L is subject to jurisdiction. For comparison purposes, it is much better to compare prices prior to TT&L. That is more apples to apples. The price I paid for my red Deluxe back in February was $18,999.00 before TT&L. JMHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Michigan Price before TTL

Price for the above Black Deluxe that was $20,000.00 OTD. Base price was $18,846.23 +1130.77 tax, +$15 title, + $8.00 License transfer.
    Price may have been better, but when I called and ask for a deal, they ask what kind of a deal I wanted, and I said "$20,000 Otd not a penny more, and they said OK.

Marty

I paid about $450.00 over the best internet price for my Standard. That being said, it would have cost me $300 to $350, plus 2 days to make the trip. I like to keep my money in the local community whenever possible. In addition, a relationship with your local dealer is invaluable if you happen to have a problem with your machine. Also, my dealer considers me a preferred customer which gives me discounts on accessories.

Barry

I paid 17,500+ tax West Coast power sports St. Pete Florida basic black.

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    I paid about $450.00 over the best internet price for my Standard. That being said, it would have cost me $300 to $350, plus 2 days to make the trip. I like to keep my money in the local community whenever possible. In addition, a relationship with your local dealer is invaluable if you happen to have a problem with your machine. Also, my dealer considers me a preferred customer which gives me discounts on accessories.

Barry
    I agree. I try to buy motorcycles, cars, trucks, and RV's close to home. I like the relationships built by buying and getting service in my community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I prefer relationships as well and have only bought 1 new bike from a dealer other than my local honda guy, from whom I have bought five,

But I also want to know where the market is before I deal. If the dealer says invoice price plus reg title an tax is the best they can do and I know is could be 2k less, I know their idea of relationship.

I'll pay a bit more to keep it local, but I won't volunteer for a beating.

I don't see too many below msrp deals here in California and a few quick calls to a few local shops left me with the impression the deep deep discount days are over for now in Cali. Dealers and business in general has gotten much smarter about ordering inventory since the crash of the naughty oughties so dealers sitting on new old stock isn't as common as before. The great news is that the F6B seems to be selling quite well and Honda's other new bikes are poised to do the same.

First post!

OK, I just got back from my "somewhat" local Honda dealer and received an OTD price of $20,705 (F6B Deluxe).
    That includes the following fees; license & title, tax, dealer prep, set-up, document.
    I don't recall exactly but I believe the bike price was $17,xxx.
    I put down a $500 refundable deposit (7 days) and they assured me they would beat any deal.
    Thoughts?

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    OK, I just got back from my "somewhat" local Honda dealer and received an OTD price of $20,705 (F6B Deluxe).
    That includes the following fees; license & title, tax, dealer prep, set-up, document.
    I don't recall exactly but I believe the bike price was $17,xxx.
    I put down a $500 refundable deposit (7 days) and they assured me they would beat any deal.
    Thoughts?
    If that's a true out the door price with no hidden anything that that is really good, at least for my area. I was $21,500 otd. That made the base price for the deluxe around $19,000.