Checking in

Thread: Checking in

Checking in

I've posted a few times already, but thought I should make a formal intro. Picked up a gently use 2013 (4,000 miles) last Saturday. I traded in a 05 BMW K1200LT.

I loved the LT, but was never 100% comfortable on it due to being "vertically challenged" with a 30" inseam. I could not flat foot at stops and with a higher CG, there were a few uncomfortable moments. Although I never dropped the ol girl, I felt that it was just a matter of time. Although both bike are basically the same weight, the F6 carries it much better, and with the shorter seat height, I can flat foot it.

Going to miss some things off the LT like cruise, reverse, heated seats and electro hydraulic center stand, but I'll get over it.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTRACER View Post
    I've posted a few times already, but thought I should make a formal intro. Picked up a gently use 2013 (4,000 miles) last Saturday. I traded in a 05 BMW K1200LT.

I loved the LT, but was never 100% comfortable on it due to being "vertically challenged" with a 30" inseam. I could not flat foot at stops and with a higher CG, there were a few uncomfortable moments. Although I never dropped the ol girl, I felt that it was just a matter of time. Although both bike are basically the same weight, the F6 carries it much better, and with the shorter seat height, I can flat foot it.

Going to miss some things off the LT like cruise, reverse, heated seats and electro hydraulic center stand, but I'll get over it.

It's like the "second time around" It's going to be better. The more you ride that F6B; the more you'll realize that your "first" was a bad choice.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I had an LT also, you're going to love this motor!! The low weight and balance on the F6B is truly amazing. The clearance on the LT in corners was and is excellent for a machine that size. The LT was traded for a k1600GTL, which I still have, was lucky enough to add an F6B and love it.

I'm new here also, I generally lurk on forums but I joined this one, Lots of great info and people generous to share it.

Congrats and enjoy your new ride!

Welcome to the big boys forum. Congrats on a great purchase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Welcome to the forum. Post some pics.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

to the board!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Welcome. You will come to love this bike. Make it yours. Concentrate your mods on what you need to feel comfortable.

Welcome from the

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Welcome, Ghostracer, from NC Like you, I also had a "season" on the tall, top heavy, LT with my 30" inseam. Rest assured, there was no looking back on that one. The extra low C-O-G of the "B" will be particularly appreciated after owning the LT.
    Ken (Hornblower)