Will this fit in our F6B's saddlebag as intended? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this fit in our F6B's saddlebag as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Thanks for that. I never measured my left bag.... only the right bag.
    I think my left one is slightly lower than my right one.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Why would I want something explosive at the rear end of the bike...... just sayin. Quite a few accidents are people hitting someone in the back.

I think he stated why he wanted it....not if you wanted one. This is the place to get the answer he was seeking.

I carry a gas can on my bike, but it is empty. Just can't see having a gallon of gas sloshing around back there in an unvented space. But I do like the idea of having a can in case someone runs out of gas. I use this one. It is a single use, cardboard with a plastic spout. Kind of reminds me a bit of a milk carton. about an inch thick and maybe 14 inches long.
    Attachment 20905
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    Why would I want something explosive at the rear end of the bike...... just sayin. Quite a few accidents are people hitting someone in the back.
    If I get rear ended that hard; I think that one gallon gas jug back there would be the least of my worries... and doubtful it'll detonate/explode like munitions would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I carry a gas can on my bike, but it is empty. Just can't see having a gallon of gas sloshing around back there in an unvented space. But I do like the idea of having a can in case someone runs out of gas. I use this one. It is a single use, cardboard with a plastic spout. Kind of reminds me a bit of a milk carton. about an inch thick and maybe 14 inches long.
    Attachment 20905
    I have NEVER seen a disposable gas can/carton/jug such as that before... that is pretty

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    If I get rear ended that hard; I think that one gallon gas jug back there would be the least of my worries... and doubtful it'll detonate/explode like munitions would.

I have NEVER seen a disposable gas can/carton/jug such as that before... that is pretty
    http://itzagascan.com/

Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Why mess with gas cans at all, I keep this in my saddle bag, One siphon and a empty oil quart. If a bike runs out of gas you can always get a little from the next bike. A quart ought to be good for almost ten miles.

Attachment 20911
    JAYGO

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    Why mess with gas cans at all, I keep this in my saddle bag, One siphon and a empty oil quart. If a bike runs out of gas you can always get a little from the next bike. A quart ought to be good for almost ten miles.

Attachment 20911
    Great idea!
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Another option I've used for years is to get a simple camping fuel cylinder from an outdoors store. No issues dealing with bulky containers and odd shapes. Then just carry a few disposable fast funnels to avoid spillage and you're good to go.
    Attachment 20915Attachment 20916

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Another option I've used for years is to get a simple camping fuel cylinder from an outdoors store. No issues dealing with bulky containers and odd shapes. Then just carry a few disposable fast funnels to avoid spillage and you're good to go.
    Both good, alternative options as well

Call me weird... but I am just fixated on that unorthodox shape of the Reda Gas can and how it's "supposed" to fit into the unusually proportioned rear area of the F6B's saddlebag. I guess it's sort of the "minimalist" coming out of me... I want to use ALL of that abstract rear area of the saddlebag

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537