F/F Brain bucket now ready...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F/F Brain bucket now ready...

F/F Brain bucket now ready...

...for winter

Spent half of the morning installing my Sena comm's in it; I'm very anal sometimes about particular things; and my helmets are one of my challenges to get it "just right"

I opted to try the adhesive mount for the Sena this time; I could not get an adequate install with the Sena clamp type mount. I did remove the Sena adhesive pad though; and I have some leftover 3M VHB adhesive pads from my Ion camera fixings... so I expect it will actually take an impact (knock on wood that DOESN't happen ) to dislodge the Sena mount.

Also mounted my spare Ion video camera on top. I normally mount these cameras on the side of the helmet, but this particular Bell helmet didn't afford my the exacting curvatures to do so.

This particular Bell helmet also has a cutout for a different comm unit; but my Sena 20S would not fit in it. The cutout also generated quite a bit of noise so I caulked the hell out of it and it is now quite soundproof

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Looking good but what is this “winter” you speak of? I am in shorts right now, fixing to put on my riding clothes and go for a quick ride. Can’t go to far as I have meat on the smoker and beer that needs to be drank.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Looking good but what is this “winter” you speak of? I am in shorts right now, fixing to put on my riding clothes and go for a quick ride. Can’t go to far as I have meat on the smoker and beer that needs to be drank.

One day we shall emigrate south. Until then.. I must make do with my current climate

As long as there is no salt, ice or snow on the ground... I shall will ride.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Here's the backside of it. I do all of my helmets like this. Reflective red tape (from the white/red reflective DOT strips you can find at Walfart, Perv Boys, etc)

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Here's the backside of it. I do all of my helmets like this. Reflective red tape (from the white/red reflective DOT strips you can find at Walfart, Perv Boys, etc)
    Nice job! I hope you don't mind but I liked it so much I copied it
    Ken (Hornblower)

[QUOTE=willtill;159897]Here's the backside of it. I do all of my helmets like this. Reflective red tape (from the white/red reflective DOT strips you can find at Walfart, Perv Boys, etcQUOTE]

Nice job with the reflective tape.
    '
    A riding friend has this..and it works pretty well. As he turns his head the arrow points the way.

http://www.aerostich.com/arrow-head-...ndicators.html
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

It's interesting how people react when you are looking at them with a helmet camera. I occasionally get a query of "excuse me, what is that on your helmet; a camera?" from motorists around me.

Also when running down the road adjacent to motorists; and if you give them a long glance and they see you looking at them with the camera attached to the helmet; it seems to develop somewhat of a neutral; or calming effect while they are hellbent in heavy traffic alongside of you. You may ( I can) sense a otherwise slightly reckless driver alongside of me suddenly going "dormant" as they see me looking at him. Not sure if its the knowledge that they're on video, or just the wonderment that they are exhibiting of my helmet camera...

At any rate it works for me...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Tell us more about that Ion video camera. Work as good as the gopro ? Need to buy mounts separate ? Inquiring minds need to know !

Quote Originally Posted by RodsF6 View Post
    Tell us more about that Ion video camera. Work as good as the gopro ? Need to buy mounts separate ? Inquiring minds need to know !
    I've posted about them before. I had bought both of mine for $39.00 apiece on Amazon... looks like they have gone up in price again though. Was certainly a steal when I found them

https://www.amazon.com/Ion-1011L-Lit...70_&dpSrc=srch

You get roughly three hours of video, a have a 32gb card in each one and it is enough capacity for three hours of video. They are waterproof and come with some mounts, but you have to buy the accessory pack for more goodies

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Also when running down the road adjacent to motorists; and if you give them a long glance and they see you looking at them with the camera attached to the helmet; it seems to develop somewhat of a neutral; or calming effect while they are hellbent in heavy traffic alongside of you. You may ( I can) sense a otherwise slightly reckless driver alongside of me suddenly going "dormant" as they see me looking at him.
    My white B, white helmet, and white jacket have the same effect.