New Bike - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bike

You Meet The Nicest People on A Honda

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Ya, I did. It was fun acting like a pirate for 20 years. But the comfort of this bike was well worth it.

new bike

Got a friend rides harley with me brags on the batbike and don't care what anyone rides,even Pisces off the harley boys cause he appreciates all motorcycles..They for the most part only bike to them is harley.That clip Will till showed cracks me up,damn if they had helmets on though.

Sold my Electra-glide Classic Ultra Limited this April for the F6B and have never been happier. I think the only thing I miss are the floorboards / forward controls / foot position. Feet never hit the pavement while taking turns on the HD. Cant say the same for the F6B. (getting used to tucking them in when entering round-abouts) I definitely don't miss that feeling as if sitting on a gas grill during the summer months (and hoping not to get stuck in traffic on a hot summer day). Now I can enjoy the ride without the feeling of cooking from the nether region, on up. As for my Harley friends, friends are friends, and the respect level hasn't changed. I cant say the same for others. Seems that the ignorance runs rampant when I say I went from HD to Honda. Its strange the mad respect you get from strangers when you say that you own a HD. Without even know what kind or condition, they say WOW. I can only attribute that to the beauty of most Harleys and their fantastic marketing. that said, bye bye HD, Love Love Love my F6B.

I left. but went back. Have 2 Harleys now...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL
    Not so much jump shipped cuz I still have never owned a HD but I was seriously considering a RK before buying my 13 F6B. Cheaper price, better quality, more comfortable, were all reasons that led me to the F6B. I wanted a bagger having never owned one before and thought I could better fit in with a bagger at HD bike nights.

Most of my friends don't ride HD anyway and the last time I rolled up on the F6B to a bike night, a guy literally walked over and we had a 10min conversation about the F6B and I let him hop on my bike. Other than a hefty insurance bill, the F6B has been a wise choice. My other ride is a 14 VFR800 also with bags.

To be fair, I don't think I have met one stuck up HD rider at a bike night. Everyone has been very nice.

Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL
    Have owned 9 Harleys over the years, put about 200k on them. I do not like to ride in large groups, usually with a friend that i have known for 30 years, but i do not mind riding solo at all. To be blunt he was aghast after i bought my B a little over a year ago. We are still friends but there is a feeling that was not there before if you know what I mean. I researched the B for a year before I bought mine and the only gripe I have is the seat- it sucks. If I were younger it would be no big deal, but it is hard to put up big $ when you are retired. I still may but the way I look at it that $ will keep me on the road for a few days and at my age that is huge for me anyway. Want to thank Roy foe letting me get astride on his, still may go that route with Hartco. But that is the only gripe I have is the seat, just have to put up with it or lay out the $ for something more comfortable. I have never been one to care what someone is riding, to me if you are in the wind thats what matters. Now some HD wave at me and I wave back, some do not but I do not care, life is too short for that crap.

I belong to SCRC Duck River 360 chapter. Half or more are on HD and the rest on Honda, Kawasaki and one Indian. Just a bunch of good people that appreciate all rides.

I traded my 2013 Road Glide Custom in for my 2013 F6B although I still have the Sportster. As far as my weekend pirate acquaintances I have pity on them, can't we all just get along...eventually...when I ease off the throttle and let them catch up to me.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I rode HD for over 25 years and just gave my Street Glide to my kid after I bought the Honda. If your losing friends over what kind of bike your ass is under its time to get new friends. Most riders can appreciate anything with a motor n two wheels. A majority of people who check it out like it, excluding my wife. She says it looks like a spaceship.