3,189 miles through CA, OR and WA - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3,189 miles through CA, OR and WA

Thanks for the write up!

Several known places on your route. My wife was born in Cottage Grove and has many fond memories of it.

In October 2000 we spent several days of our honeymoon in Astoria. B&B the first night then several at one of her college friends' 138 yr old house overlooking the water.

My son just graduated high school and left this past Monday to work cargo ships between Seattle and Alaska for a year with the company my brother works for before going to college.

He will be coming down once I finish renovating his 82 GL1100. We plan to ride back up to Seattle with a friend of mine. Will definitely be using your narrative for some of the route.

Speaking of Mt St Helen, a good buddy had commencement ceremonies from Whitworth College in 1980 the morning that the volcano blew.

Needless to say it put a damper on the festivities.

I have a standard offer to anyone coming this way. We have two extra bedrooms with queen size beds and private bath. Includes parking your scoot in the man cave. Meals included.

Sorry, there isn't any entertainment anymore. The wife made me take the stripper pole down in the man cave. She said she didn't want to see me on it!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I have a standard offer to anyone coming this way. We have two extra bedrooms with queen size beds and private bath. Includes parking your scoot in the man cave. Meals included.

Sorry, there isn't any entertainment anymore. The wife made me take the stripper pole down in the man cave. She said she didn't want to see me on it!
    Very neighborly of you! What a great community.

Great post Moto. Looks like we just missed each other. I stayed at Fortuna last week while riding to Oregon. I was near Portland for four days...stayed at a town, Saint Helens...near Washington.

Oregon is such a beautiful state with friendly people. While we were waiting to cross the street in a small town, we were waiting for one pickup truck to pass us...no other vehicles were around, and he had a green traffic light. The driver stopped and waived us through. I was shocked. In California, the driver would typically speed up to make the traffic light or mow us down.

Moto, did you get your HID lights installed in time for the trip?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    The wife made me take the stripper pole down in the man cave. She said she didn't want to see me on it!

on many levels .....

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    Moto, did you get your HID lights installed in time for the trip?
    Nope. I'll probably do it when the Muth mirrors come in, just make a day of it.

Sounds like I missed 2 possible f6b sighting. I live about 10 miles from St.Helens Or. Nice picks and information about your trip. the weather in
    Or. and Wa. can be fickle this time of year, sorry you didn't get to see Mt. St.Helens fully.

Great write up and thanks for the pics!

California highway 36 is really cool but the only time I've been on it was driving a big rig from Susanville to Eureka/Arcata. That was quite an experience. Attachment 8369

Hey Big Jay...I was actually in Rainer, OR for four days for a class. We had lunch the first day at a pizza joint in a shopping center where a train passes right through the parking area....I've never seen that setup before. The other three days, we had lunch at Interstate.

I did see one black F6B going south through St. Helens one day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]