Night riding - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Night riding

Mile's thanks again, lol.... Not to fear my friend I will soon figure out all this bikes in's and out's.

Went to "buyheadlightbulbs.com" and got 4 Hella zenon 4200K bulbs for $26 a pair. White light to see and be seen by. Plug n' play install (the dealer owed me one) and I saved several hundred bucks.

Any other good driving lights for the cowl before I spend a bunch of money?

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    After chatting with Miles via pm my hid's will be here next week. I was going to just upgrade the stock bulbs with PIAA lights but the hid route makes more sense to me. Fog lights will be done over the winter.

Cool

Giddyup...here is what you need!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Giddyup...here is what you need!!!!!
    Hid's are sitting upstairs! Fairing lights in Winter......stay tuned for my thread "Which fog/driving lights should I use Steve & Miles"?!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post

Both of those situations require the need for a color of light that is NOT a white light. I.E., the EC Single Shooter LED lights that a few of us have, with the YELLOW tinted lens, will seriously get the attention of all drivers in front of you, but will NOT be distracting to oncoming cars...and the color of the light will also help in foggy conditions. where...you never want to use your high beams, or any high mounted aux, lighting, as it reflects in the fog.

Ask those that saw my YELLOW lens LED Single Shooter lights in Auburn, CA last weekend...they work.

Yellow fog lights are actually quite a controversial subject, as I'm sure you know. To play the devil's advocate... there have been DOT studies that concluded yellow is no better than white in the fog.

Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post
    Went to "buyheadlightbulbs.com" and got 4 Hella zenon 4200K bulbs for $26 a pair. White light to see and be seen by. Plug n' play install (the dealer owed me one) and I saved several hundred bucks.
    Good man. Maximum spectral power density occurs at about 4200K; this is the temperature that will put the most light on the road in front of you.

Using anything other than this temperature is silly IMO; vehicle lighting is not the place to make a fashion statement.

Or, you might try this: the LED signal lights.....I hear they light up the corners real well when they are on the running light mode. Just what I have heard from the guy who does all the light installation at my bike dealership.

That is what I needed...an excuse to spend more money!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

MichaelG,

Are you still happy with your SoCal HID's? Have you had any problems with the lights burning or affecting the headlight lenses in any way?