What do you miss most from the F6B? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you miss most from the F6B?

Like many others I knew going in what the bike had and bought it as is. I quickly realized I missed cruise more than I thought I would so I added it!

While the bike was apart I took advantage and painted it.

Cruise Control

ABS.

MC Cruise also has a cruise control system now available for the F6B. Still have to perform the labor of taking the bike down to the throttle bodies, and reassembly. But all the brackets are with the kit, and the electrical looks to be simpler than putting on a Rostra kit. It is much more expensive than Rostra.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    ABS.
    Still shocking that Honda does not include ABS on every bike over 500cc.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I bought my F6B Basic for exactly what it is! No surprises! It is exactly as advertised! Knowing that in advance, I was well aware that I would equip the bike at my discretion and add those items that I deemed would be necessary. Mother Honda created a long awaited streamlined/lightweight version of the Goldwing! Something everyone was asking for. A proven chassis and power-plant unequaled in the cycle industry. Giving people a choice between a fully loaded behemoth GL1800 with all the bells and whistles or the lightweight version F6B was a wise choice by Honda. Getting the Wing Basics for less than $20K was a achievement in itself. There is no question we may scratch our heads on Honda's logic on USA versions of the 6 , but the fact remains, it is a machine people will continue to buy, as it fills a void which needed filling.
    Well said. Amen.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

With cruise and ABS already on the GL1800 platform I am also surprised they are not options or offered on a deluxe model instead of center stand, backrest and heated grips which are things I can ad through the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by slather1 View Post
    With cruise and ABS already on the GL1800 platform I am also surprised they are not options or offered on a deluxe model instead of center stand, backrest and heated grips which are things I can ad through the dealer.
    It does seem odd that they would not use the same wiring harness and other components even if they did not install these features they could have been easily added should one so choose. But I am sure they had a marketing reason?

I'm very happy with my F6B but I agree with several that cruise would be nice.

for me it would be reverse! Have ridden with aftermarket cruise controls for years! To me no big deal!