I have to give props to the Mustang Deluxe. I'm actually surprised at how much I like the seat. It sits me lower, in a pocket, and really makes me feel like I'm sitting "in" the bike instead of on top of it. I thought the raised lumbar support was going to be too far back to offer real support, but have found upon hitting the throttle that it's perfect for me. For reference, I'm 6' and have a 31" inseem. I'm so happy with this seat for around town. The only negative is that the right side bag handle has to be manually pushed back in after opening due to the seat pushing against the handle mechanism. It's a bother, but the seat is worth it.

That being said, I don't know how much of a distance seat it's going to be. It's pretty firm and pretty flat. I haven't had any real troubles for around town or on afternoon-long rides, but I can see it getting tiresome on a long journey. I might eventually like to get an RDL for real long distance comfort, but I would use it exclusively as a long distance seat and keep the Mustang. I'm doing mostly short-ish rides right now and I have no desire to be sitting back up high like I was with the OEM. Worse wind up higher, plus it doesn't really feel like I'm on a cruiser up there. I really like to be in the pocket on a bike. If Russell made a spring seat that sat as low as the Mustang, I would do it in a heartbeat. But as it stands, I can hold off until I take a long trip and test out the old butt fatigue on the Mustang.

Jason