Heated Grips (do you like) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips (do you like)

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    They are great. I have the Baker Hand Wings II and heated grips with grip puppies. I have been wearing my summer gloves all season. The closed Baker Wings make a huge difference and then the heated grips allow me to wear lighter gloves. But I have found that I only use the heaters in high or off. Never seen the need to go down in heat.

Try the BHW's.
    I also like the heated grips with grip puppies and Baker Wings. Never have to wear heavy gloves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I feel like the southern guys offering opinions on heated grips and gear is kind of like me telling you what suntan lotion to use!

Sorry, kind of funny to me...
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Thumbs up on the heated grips......here in NE Canada they are a must have item to help extend the riding season.

tink

Love my heated grips. Yes, on the colder days the backs of my hands get cold if I wear my summer gloves, but I don't have hand wings. Overall I feel warmer when my hands are not a block of ice.
    Definitely worth it to have them.

I've even been known to turn them on one of the lower settings in the summer. It increases blood flow in my hands which helps with my mild carpal tunnel syndrome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll never have another bike without heated grips. I've yet to install them on the F6B, but I have the OEM grips in the garage waiting for to be installed. I had them on my last two bikes and quickly got spoiled.

Always

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Never had them before, but not sure I would buy another bike w/o them....
    If I buy a bike, I order heated grips. If they are not available, or it's a used bike, then I add them aftermarket. They cost like $60. I'll never do without them. I hear some riders complain about how cold their hands are and I just don't get it.
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I also like the heated grips with grip puppies and Baker Wings. Never have to wear heavy gloves.
    +1 Use them a lot in our winter. Some mornings get in to the upper 30's and lower 40's.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

They can extend your riding season if your warm and are great for un expected weather changes.

You bet.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I installed heated grips on my last bike and yes you can buy the components on line for less than $60 but I found the back of my hands still got cold. My solution was to buy a pair of electric gloves that plug into the cigar lighter socket. Another advantage is I can use them in my truck or with the batteries afield while hunting.
    Now I ride with nice warm if not hot hands depending on my setting. The only problem is my hands are comfortable but my crotch is cold. NO! I'm not putting electric down there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I feel like the southern guys offering opinions on heated grips and gear is kind of like me telling you what suntan lotion to use!

Sorry, kind of funny to me...
    It was 30 degrees when I rode home last night. The heated grips and baker wings did the job.

There is not that much difference in the low temps that we all ride in. The difference is we don't put our bikes into hibernation, we ride all winter.
    Albuquerque, NM