What Impressed you first - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Impressed you first

What impressed me was the fact I had to give the throttle a twist to make sure the motor was running. F6B FOREVER!

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Cool Good Looks.

For me it was "Love at first sight" I had seen pictures of the black F6B on the Honda USA website, and at the time they weren't planning to import the bike to the UK. I had told the Trike Shop to just import one for me because I just knew I wanted one. Luckily for me Honda decided to bring 40 "Standard, NO Deluxe" bikes to the UK, and I bagged the first one I hadn't seen it in the flesh until it was delivered and sitting in my garage. No regrets, I love my bike
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I also hope that the BMW Concept 101 does nothing for me if, and when, it comes to reality....Never had a BMW, but perhaps the future might change for me..It will take one "hell of a bike" though for me to trade my F6B on anything down the road!!
    Well get ready. Was at the bmw dealer sat and they said the concept 101 is coming. Don't test ride one cause you'll be trading up. Bmw just set the bar and they set it high

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Well get ready. Was at the bmw dealer sat and they said the concept 101 is coming. Don't test ride one cause you'll be trading up. Bmw just set the bar and they set it high
    And I would assume the price tag will be equally as high !

Like most guys it was her rear end. It was perfect size that could handle a six pack in each side!

First time I saw one I fell in love, mind you I had just bought a NC700x. 1 year later I succumbed to her sleek lines and her power.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

My wife's ease of mounting and dis-mounting the rear seat ; with two knees and two hips replaced; she said buy it now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    And I would assume the price tag will be equally as high !
    Yeah , along with all the electrical issues and parts availability BMW is known for.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Like most guys it was her rear end. It was perfect size that could handle a six pack in each side!

First time I saw one I fell in love, mind you I had just bought a NC700x. 1 year later I succumbed to her sleek lines and her power.
    +1 That big fat azz is what attracted me.

My attraction was my great desire to get off my piece of crap 2011 Road glide Ultra who had left me stranded in the middle of nowhere 4 times and Harley's reluctance to properly fix it under warranty.The bike I purchased because my 2007 Harley Ultra Classic also ran hot,went through 2 transmissions and a host of small problems..............Plus I wanted a bike that wouldn't BBQ my balls in traffic so I was leaning toward water cooled. When I tried to trade for the 2013 water cooled Harley.. Harley decided to penalize me $5000 below book value because the Road Glide had known breakdown issues. That was the straw that broke the Camels back. I quit Harley!
    Having owned a Gold wing in the seventies used in part chasing to build my first Harley I remembered how smooth it had been...To me the Late model Gold wings are butt ugly,you sit to far forward and a host of other things I don't like. So when I spotted the Stripped down Wing The F6B I took one for a 100 mile test ride to see if I could live with it.....With top dollar offered me on trade in for the Harley and a really good purchase price the rest is history. I'm now an F6B rider and love it. My Harley Riding Buddies two of which own CVO's have gotten used to eating Honda Fumes and have stopped challenging me.... Life is good.............................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

I'm a sport tourer through and through; my goal is to do 300-600 mile days on fun roads, in maximum comfort in all weather conditions, without getting left behind by my buddies. And I wanted to do it in style, on a mount that didn't leave me on my tippy-toes at every stop light. The only choices that came close were the F6B, the R1200RT and the K1600, and there was no way I was dropping $25K+ on twitchy BMW technology. And cruisers were out of the question for me--don't like the forward controls or potato-potato v-twins.

I chose well. No regrets. Less than $1K in upgrades from my Deluxe, and I have pretty much everything I want in a bike. The only thing left that I might do is a suspension upgrade; for all the griping about cruise control, it's the suspension that really was left wanting. After almost 20K miles on my 2013 that's literally the only item I would consider dropping any real cash on. Certainly not the exhaust, because I *appreciate* the quiet!