I assume you have not grabbed the whole throttle and wound the bike out to 5500 - 6000 rpms in each of the first 4 gears and taken it to the limiter in 5th. One of my coworkers has a Raptor and it is not that fast. They are not like the older SuperCharged Lightning trucks which were quicker than the Raptors. Short shifting 4K was your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
Was toying around with a late model F150 on a local four-lane highway with traffic lights.

I like to wind it out a bit from red lights on this particular highway, nothing extreme, just changing gears at 4000 instead of the normal ~2500.

This F150 was behind me, but not tailgating, but clearly staying on my ass during what should have been hard acceleration for a four-wheeled vehicle.

We went back and forth a bit for a few miles. He got a red light, and I was behind him. He got on it hard when it went green, hard enough for me to be shifting at 4000-4500 to keep up. I rolled on it in 4th at about 60 mph, went to go around him. I was gaining in typical bike-vs-car fashion, but then he punched it. I twisted even further on it in 4th, did not downshift, and I backed off at 90 to keep things somewhat reasonable. This lasted a total of about three seconds.

I expected to walk right past this truck, but I didn't. I believe if I was crazy and kept going, I would have overtaken him, but not easily. I suspect it was one of those twin-turbo 3.5 V6s. Is a 5000+ lb truck that fast?!?