Madstad question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madstad question

Madstad question

I'm about to pull the trigger to order this
    http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2518/.f

Roboknob System Complete - Honda Goldwing F6B with 13" Light Gray Shield

but have a couple questions that maybe someone who has this setup can answer??

Do I need my stock windshield or does this replace it?
    I have a 17inch honda tall now and can see through it by about 3 inches. I can look over it with a stretch but not the ideal setup in the rain. I'm thinking the 13" will be ok even though I'm 6' 1" ??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger to order this
    http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2518/.f

Roboknob System Complete - Honda Goldwing F6B with 13" Light Gray Shield

but have a couple questions that maybe someone who has this setup can answer??

Do I need my stock windshield or does this replace it?
    I have a 17inch honda tall now and can see through it by about 3 inches. I can look over it with a stretch but not the ideal setup in the rain. I'm thinking the 13" will be ok even though I'm 6' 1" ??

thanks
    The Madstad setup completely replaces the stock windscreen. As far as the best size for you, that depends on many factors but the Madstad website does recommend the 13" for riders 6'0"-6'1".
    Ken (Hornblower)

Thanks

Done just ordered the 13" light tint.
    Now the waiting begins!!!!

You will be fine! If I were 6'1 I might have gone up a size just to have the extra in a rain storm....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I am 6' 0" with a long torso/short inseam and finally went with a 15". The 15" all the way down works better than a 13" all the way up and is still lower than the 13" all the way up.

I also went with the rounded bottom and no branding to keep the front of the bike clean.

I'm 5'11 and the 13" is perfect for me. All the way down puts the top of shield mouth level causing wind to go over my helmet 3-4" and I have a good view of the road. Shield all the way up allows me to see through the top of shield if I crouch a bit....I don't like having the line of top of shield in my view to the road...you being taller may not be a issue. I leave mine all the way down all the time and passenger has good wind protection as well. I think the 13" would be a good choice for you if you have stock seat and don't want to look through shield. If you want to be able to look through shield with no top of shield lines...go with the 15".

I'm 6'1" and the 13" screen is perfect. I don't even need to adjust it to its highest setting, only have it about half way.

Thanks for all the great info. Sounds like I made the right choice. I hope it will offer good protection for the wife as well.
    My honda tall screen works well but
    I have to look through it..not good especially when it rains.
    The back draft causes bugs to flop around and end up in wierd spots when I hit them. Ie my dash,my lap, crazy vortex thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Thanks for all the great info. Sounds like I made the right choice. I hope it will offer good protection for the wife as well.
    My honda tall screen works well but
    I have to look through it..not good especially when it rains.
    The back draft causes bugs to flop around and end up in wierd spots when I hit them. Ie my dash,my lap, crazy vortex thing.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/