Raingear question

Thread: Raingear question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Raingear question

On my old bike I was a fair weather rider but the F6B is sooner or later going to take me into an old fashioned rain storm so what is needed in the way of rain gear? Do you need a two piece or is the jacket and boot covers enough? Or all three pieces.

Jacket and pants, yes. If you're at speed on the highway, the fairing will keep your pants dry... but... water will trickle onto the seat and eventually soak your pants.

Boot covers are optional IMO. If you're again at speed on the highway, the fairing will keep your boots mostly dry... but... prolonged road splash will eventually soak your boots.

I love my Marmot Precip rain jacket. These are great for wearing around normally but have enough room and give to slip over most motorcycle jackets. I like them so much that I'm gonna order the Precip pants to go with them.

Btw, this jacket packs down really tiny; you can roll it into the size of about two fists.

Isn't technology wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Btw, this jacket packs down really tiny; you can roll it into the size of about two fists.
    Definitely worth the money and one thing is the fact it can get rid of moisture which a lot of them can't. Which is a problem solved. I had raingear before but it couldn't get rid of the moisture build up inside the jacket when it was raining. sound like good raingear to have.....Thanks for that...

One thing I don't like about our saddlebags is they don't breath; so if you end up throwing a wet jacket in there it'll never dry.

I think I'll eventually do what JimmyT did; he cut a hole in the bag and used Frogzskin to cover the hole.