...some of this.

I'm 10 years older than my wife, She'll stop working at 55 from her full time professional gig and collect a very nice state pension. I'll be 65 by then, and most assuredly should be at least collecting social security (if it's still around) three years prior to that event.

I'll be also quite possibly taking distributions from my 401K's as she will still have to wait 4 years to do that and even a bit longer to get social security herself.

I think we'll be comfortable... what really has been on my mind though is the thought of me no longer working in the next few years and her still going to work everyday. I don't know how I'm going to handle that personally; I would feel like I'm a bit of a slacker while she is still working and I am not.

Funny thing is she's always telling me to quit now... and I could. But I just want to pad that 401K a bit more... and I like this disposable income that I'm working for.

Really wish I knew the variable that we base all of our future financial plans upon; at least a ball park date. It's pretty statistically evident that wives outlive their husbands, especially when you have an age variance such as some of us do with them.

As J.G. Wentworth would say...