2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 7

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Alright - finalists

Members,
    We need some "final answers" so I can put up a voting thread.

A quick bit on logistics:
    - The forum 'resources' will be dedicated to one rally place per year.
    - With the decrease in the past 2 years in vendor/corporate fiscal support due to the uncertainty of the F6B's production future, Rallies like the previous 2 where there is no "elegant catered meal" or "plaques for prizes" are becoming the norm, whereas the "Phantom Full Monty" from 2014 & 2015 is all but financially impossible.
    - Y'all seemed to have a great time at both 2016 & 2017 rallies where we rode during the day, and had camaraderie time under the tent in the evening without any 'regimented structure.'
    This group of people is fantastic & unassuming and I'm proud to support and provide for them.

Back to business:
    From reviewing the bidding thus far, I can see some support for:
    - xxxx, Kentucky
    - Durango/Montrose, Colorado

Where else has the infrastructure to support our gathering?

Somethings to consider:
    - not doing it during WingDing
    - not in a tourist trap city
    - in conjunction with a holiday weekend to provide people some time to recover (is this important to the group???)
    - As Phantom so eloquently pointed out, many of us are not retired, however, I am, and I am willing to ride to wherever to check stuff out.

Please make any further responses a City, State or "seconding" someone's previous suggestion.

Thanks much!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Members,
    We need some "final answers" so I can put up a voting thread.

A quick bit on logistics:
    - The forum 'resources' will be dedicated to one rally place per year.
    - With the decrease in the past 2 years in vendor/corporate fiscal support due to the uncertainty of the F6B's production future, Rallies like the previous 2 where there is no "elegant catered meal" or "plaques for prizes" are becoming the norm, whereas the "Phantom Full Monty" from 2014 & 2013 is all but financially impossible.
    - Y'all seemed to have a great time at both 2016 & 2017 rallies where we rode during the day, and had camaraderie time under the tent in the evening without any 'regimented structure.'
    This group of people is fantastic & unassuming and I'm proud to support and provide for them.

Back to business:
    From reviewing the bidding thus far, I can see some support for:
    - xxxx, Kentucky
    - Durango/Montrose, Colorado

Where else has the infrastructure to support our gathering?

Somethings to consider:
    - not doing it during WingDing
    - not in a tourist trap city
    - in conjunction with a holiday weekend to provide people some time to recover (is this important to the group???)
    - As Phantom so eloquently pointed out, many of us are not retired, however, I am, and I am willing to ride to wherever to check stuff out.

Please make any further thread responses a City, State or "seconding" someone's previous suggestion.

Thanks much!
    Steve
    I understand the desire for a more western location by those in the west. As I mentioned talking to you at the Rally, as much as I'd love to go to Colorado, just not sure it would be doable for me. For reasons you eluded to etc...

Kentucky , other than be convenient for me, is a biker friendly location with tons of very good riding destinations and twisty roads. My initial location idea would be Bardstown,KY . I have a great hotel location in mind,would have to check on deal with dates. Besides the Red River Gorge, there are many other great destinations with really awesome roads to get to them. All of them a day ride to and back. Of course there is the Bourbon Trail with many great roads connecting these distilleries. I'd be more than happy to do the leg work. However, I'd understand if the Rally were to move west.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Zanesville, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I understand the desire for a more western location by those in the west. As I mentioned talking to you at the Rally, as much as I'd love to go to Colorado, just not sure it would be doable for me. For reasons you eluded to etc...

Kentucky , other than be convenient for me, is a biker friendly location with tons of very good riding destinations and twisty roads. My initial location idea would be Bardstown,KY . I have a great hotel location in mind,would have to check on deal with dates. Besides the Red River Gorge, there are many other great destinations with really awesome roads to get to them. All of them a day ride to and back. Of course there is the Bourbon Trail with many great roads connecting these distilleries. I'd be more than happy to do the leg work. However, I'd understand if the Rally were to move west.
    Jimmy.... I need a City!!!!

Jimmy.... I need a City!!!!
    lol. Not sure what you mean. Bardstown, KY It has many many fine eating establishments.

http://www.visitbardstown.com/

Not far from Louisville, Frankfort or Lexington if that's what your looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    lol. Not sure what you mean. Bardstown, KY It has many many fine eating establishments.

http://www.visitbardstown.com/

Not far from Louisville, Frankfort or Lexington if that's what your looking for
    Exactly. I need a city to focus getting a venue.....

Exactly. I need a city to focus getting a venue.....
    Brother, that is what I am proposing. From personal experience, I have a couple of " Venues" in mind. Part of the reason Bardstown comes to mind. I'll get you some info and pictures. We used one of these places as our host hotel for my chapter's CVMA annual Ride this year.

Being roughly 3600 miles across makes finding and equal distant place hard for everyone. Same arguments for both sides. If I remember the map right most B riders here are based east of the Mississippi same as the general population. Us left coasters are fewer and farther between with huge states to cross to get anywhere.

Durango Colorado

I purpose Durango Colorado.

2018 Rally

I also would like to see the rally in southern Colorado. Others have mentioned all the great rides possible from this area and there are a lot. Durango and Cortez are the best souther Colorado cities to base out of. If you want a recommendation for a rally location the Best Western Turquoise Inn in Cortez would work. It is large enough, clean and reasonably priced. It is in the traditional U shape so there is a large common area in the center of the property and they have meeting rooms. There is a Super 8 that adjoins the Best Western if we need more rooms and there is several good restaurants nearby. There also great hotels in Durango but because Durango is more of a destination city everything there is more expensive,

The San Juans, the Million Dollar Highway, Moab, Monument Valley, Canyon de Chelly, Pagosa Springs, Mesa Verde N.P. and Royal Gorge are all easy rides from either Durango or Cortez.