RRR.......Russell Rump Relief - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RRR.......Russell Rump Relief

Check out taxfree4's videos on YouTube. He has one on the Russell. He now has the happiest ass in Brooklyn.......just ask him. And let's not forget Drive Jehu on this forum. He has one also and took a small trip from Georgia to Alaska and back on his F6BX. I assume his is happy also. Mine is pleased and I haven't gone one mile on it yet until tomorrow morning.

Russell Day Long Seat

Great looking seat! In stalled one on a Victory Cross Country. Best upgrade EVER to any of my bikes. Question: did you have a driver backrest prior to the RDL? Or, did you have Russell build that in? If Russell, does it easily detach from seat? Any additional hardware needed for backrest?

New F6B 'lover'. Thanks, seagravesg

I had Russell make the back rest for the seat. It comes complete with 2 knobs to control front to back and height of the rest. To remove it, you bring the rest forward as flat as possible and pull it out of the steel insert that is hidden in the back of the front seat and under the rear area. No screws or unlocking thingies to mess with. Might take one second to remove the rest and it will fit in the right saddlebag if you talk nice to it. It moved me back a bit over the stock seat so I'm now debating about which risers to install, if not the Helibars. At 5' 11" and 35" sleeve length, I was not sitting all the way back in the seat pocket. When I did, my arms were too straight. Might check out the MBL risers as their quality looks nicer than the Kuri risers. The seat MIGHT have moved me up one inch if that, but the comfort level over stock is night and day with pressure evenly spread out and no tailbone pressure AT ALL. The Russell....not cheap. Your butt.....deserves the best. Could not recommend it more.....11 out of 10 stars.

That is the best looking aftermarket seat I've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Analogy............this with custom foam made for your butt. It works great. Thousands sat on these 12-14 hours a day with nothing but steel under their butt. Worked for them.

Russell Seat

Thanks for the good intel on the seat/backrest. I plan to get the exact same package as you have when I can do without seat for a while. Do you recall how long you waited for seat to return?

seagravesg

Place the order first with your photos, options, etc. Don't send the seat. They will call or email you with the build date. Then box up the seat and get it there UPS so they have it for that build date. Figure 2 or 3 days to get your seat to Russell. When you place your order you will get the build date so you can ride up to a week before that date. My date was July 27th and the seat was delivered to me approximately 10 days later. They don't screw around with build dates and your seat better be there a few days ahead of time just to be safe. Call them now to get a build date which might be a month or more out from today. Once you place the order, your ass will know and start whining and screaming wanting to know when it's coming. If you have roids, they'll get worse. If you have tailbone issues, they'll swell up on 'ya. The stock seat will begin to feel like a 2x6 you could frame your house with and you'll call Russell every hour to see if it's on the way. ............finally it arrives UPS. You open the box and St. Russell has performed a miracle....all ailments have vanished as if they'd never happened. Your butt is now your best buddy and you're off into the sunset..........................Call 'em today!....your butt is a terrible thing to waste!!!!

P.S.....They will call you when it's ready to ship for your credit card info. Make sure it won't bounce or all bets are off.
    P. P. S......The day of my build, I called and asked if I could have them put a seam in the front of the seat where the stock seat started having a wrinkle. They said "NO PROBLEM". Great customer service. See photos above for the wrinkle-free seam.

Man,that is one beautiful seat!!
    2015 F6B Deluxe. SOLD!!!!
    Atmosphere Blue Metallic " the fastest color"
    High and low beam LED headlights
    Show chrome rectangle LED fog lights.
    Garmin Zumo gps.
    RAM level cup holder.
    Big Bike Parts belly pan.
    Show Chrome 2 way speakers.
    Klock Werks 16" flare dark tint windshield.
    Ultimate King Seat.
    Honda rear backrest rack.
    Honda cowl mount voltage gauge.
    Honda 12 volt cubby outlet.
    Show Chrome rear LED brake/tail light black chrome fender trim with reflectors.

Looking forward to a full ride report!

Jason

my a$$ is jealous

Hopefully, after selling my home, I will have enough to order one and live for a while.