Belly pan? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belly pan?

Mine got beat up by scraping over every speed bump. Then the screws stripped out on the front part so I just took the whole thing off. Haven't felt like buying another one.

I installed a black anodized belly pan because I consider it cheap insurance for protecting the underside of the bike. I don't notice the bike feeling any hotter or the fan kicking in more frequently with the belly pan installed. 5,000 miles later, the belly pan is still on and secure. I felt it scrape for the first time last week while making a turn riding on an uneven road. Some folks also claim it helps with stability in high winds although I can't say one way or another. If in the unlikely event this one were to fall off and disintegrate I'd probably spend the $50 to get another one.

Bull feathers!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Bull feathers!
    I agree... I do like the fact that the water bottle is protected...but as far as cross winds.... little had to swallow.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I think there are better choices for your Farkle dollars.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

If it works for some thats great....but for me it is just another after-market supplier looking for your money for "extra farkles"...I wonder how many water bottles have actually been damaged without one???...I'll bet not many overall....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    If it works for some thats great....but for me it is just another after-market supplier looking for your money for "extra farkles"...I wonder how many water bottles have actually been damaged without one???...I'll bet not many overall....
    I feel the same way.

If Honda felt it MUST have the belly pan, they would have installed it as standard equipment, Just my thought.

Also, I have lowered my bike a little bit (due to my short legs lol) so anything that reduces the groud clearance is not for me.....

I put one on right away

The belly pan was one of the first couple of accessories I installed. Once I saw that plastic bottle for the coolant, I wanted that protected.
    I've only got 17K on my 2013 delux but I hardly ever hear the fans kick on except on very hot days sitting in traffic. On the other hand, I've run over debris that has knocked my foot off the floorboards and hit the BP. I was glad to have the extra protection.
    Losing the coolant, the inconvenience of being disabled on the roadside or delaying my trip just seemed to outweigh the small cost and in my case, unnoticed temperature rise. I also run full synthetic motor oil. Hopefully any extra heat won't be a factor.

Macgyver Belly Pan

Wing Stuff has this for sale and I approved this commercial.
    Great pan, looks good, super for jack lifting.

We have a tall suspension bridge here that I ride twice a day. Some days there is a lot of gusty wind on top, especially. I rode two or three months of this before I got a belly pan. (SS, Louvered) I had a pretty good idea of how the F6B acted in the wind and after the belly pan the bike seemed much more unaffected by it.
    Blotar