No Cruise for 2014 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Cruise for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by daleglide View Post
    I am not just a naysayer, I AM working on solutions. Case in point, my reply from --------.

Hi Dale,
    Thanks for your enquiry. The prototype unit for the F6B is successful as of Friday last – and it is BRILLIANT. Far and away the best cruise control performance we have ever delivered. I cannot see how it could be better.

We hope to bring it to production early in 2014 – January. I doubt we will get any shipped before Christmas, but we will put the kit up on our web site late next week and start taking orders. Instructions should be available before Christmas.

The two photos attached show the key components: on the left side the computer module and the control switch – on the RHS - the new electric servo for the cruise control. Both are relatively accessible should you ever need to and neither interfere with routine servicing.

Best regards,

Tony Guymer

Director

MotorCycle Cruise Controls

6 Kingston St

Mount Waverley

Victoria, 3149

Australia

Ph +61 3 9808 2804 Fax +61 3 9808 2445

--------_CMYK_small Email: sales@--------.com Web: www.--------.com

Attachment 3699Attachment 3700
    Thats all well and good they make great stuff but I am pretty sure that hardly anyone on here is going to pay around $1000+ Shipping for the kit (this is what the usual price is for this kit) then the 1-2 days labor to fit it, even when we looked at the Rostra kit it was half that price and no problem to supply but the labor kills it the bike has to be taken down to get to the throttle bodies to fit the cables
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Where Is The Logic

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Those of us who have purchased an F6B knew going in that it had no cruise or ABS and it became a non-issue...If these items are that important to you as a rider, then maybe you should consider other choices or maybe a Goldwing???.I know manufacturers need to listen to their customers ideas, but Honda apparently made this decision for a reason and feels comfortable with it....Personally I have no need for cruise and the current brake set-up works great for me, and most test rider reviews agree...But to each his own, and those who feel this is a deal breaker on this great bike are missing a truly super ride.....JMHO...and I don't need "flames"...Thank you
    +1

Power, Agility, Dependability, Curb Appeal and a 62 pound weight reduction goal appears to have been the formula Honda applied to the F6B. Knowing that, why would anyone bother buying a 6 when what they really wanted was a "Loaded GL1800 Wing The answer to that is, of course, "Price Break Point"! Folks want all the goodies of a loaded machine at a basic price. Maybe Honda should address this issue by offering a "customer deletion program". The buyer would have the ability to delete any option on a Custom Ordered Wing. Imagine how long it would take to get your hands on one. Like the auto manufacturers of old, you could sit down with your salesperson and, line by line, add or delete what you perceive to be your perfect option equipped cycle. That of course would include paint color with clear coat and the removal of the "Lazy Boy" and "Hope Chest" which adorns the rear of the Regular GL1800 Wing

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you have what you will see in the future..... different colors....no changes !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I was once told when Honda makes up its mind,,, anything else is

Can't say I've seen much to prove otherwise, at least not for YEARS.

Yup, We all knew they didn't have cruise when we bought them. But some are apparently like me and had grown used to having the feature and did not realize how much they would miss it on this bike. I agree with Pete, the Labor for installation would be the killer on any addition rather it be Rostra, or MC cruise. As he said the Rostra unit cost me less than $350, but you do have to fabricate some brackets, and deal with all of the electrical. If the Mc Cruise is plug and play it may very well be worth it??? I guess that would depend on your skill set, and how deep your pockets are. I personally can not think of a tech in my area at either a dealer, or an independent shop I would trust with this installation. In my case I decided to fix the piss poor paint with a repaint and knock out the cruise control project at the same time and in reality I am very happy I did both.

jkelly +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

yeah same boat here with the cruise, it would be nice but I've learned to live without it. If I need it that bad I'll ride my Victory. The Go Cruise works great and spending well over $1000 for convenience is just kinda crazy. Not to mention it looks like they put the controls on the wrong side of the handlebars, shouldn't that be on the other side? You know thumb style operation? I know Audiovox used to make one, my buddy put it on a VStrom and it worked great for years and it was sub $200.

real cruise

Quote Originally Posted by daleglide View Post
    I have had negative comments from you in the past and so my replies may seem jaded. So lets start the new year off right. All you had to say was "Great post thanks for the pictures!" I respect you and you respect me. No stirring the pot with sarcasm and subtle negative comments and lets both try to live up to the old sales pitch: "You meet the nicest people on a Honda." ... Peace?
    Dale, I like your positive thinking and anything can be done as long as you have the $$$. After having a couple of bikes with real cruise control there is no going back, period. Love it on a long trip burning up the highway. My riding buddies all say the same, never going without again. To each his own i guess.

Ride safe all,
    Doug

Well I like cruise as well also, when it becomes available I will order one.
    If the f6b had cruise I would not have three 1800 Goldwing I would sell
    the 02.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Well I like cruise as well also, when it becomes available I will order one.
    If the f6b had cruise I would not have three 1800 Goldwing I would sell
    the 02.
    There is a thread on this very board on how to install Rostra cruise for 1/3 of the cost of the Australian product and almost the same amount of work
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake