New 2013 F6B. Now, whic assessories to buy?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New 2013 F6B. Now, whic assessories to buy?

New 2013 F6B. Now, whic assessories to buy?

Just purchased a 2013 F6B standard, out of the crate. Love the bike. Now, which accessories to begin bolting on the thing? :-)

I've already ordered an OEM cover, and the Kuryakyn Premium Mini Boards. The pegs are, well, pegs.

Now, looking at upgrading the sound system, and the seat.

However, I was wondering what's on the top of everyone's shopping list? I know that we're all different, but I suspect some patterns in assessor buying are starting to emerge. What are the must-haves?

Thanks!

1. Belly pan
    2. Highway pegs
    3. Power outlet
    4. Center stand
    5. Better lighting for the rear
    6. Taller windshield
    7. Cruise control of some type
    Heres a start for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    1. Belly pan
    2. Highway pegs
    3. Power outlet
    4. Center stand
    5. Better lighting for the rear
    6. Taller windshield
    7. Cruise control of some type
    Heres a start for you.

Great. But "Belly pan"

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    Great. But "Belly pan"
    It goes on the bottom of the bike to protect the oil filter and anti freeze reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    Great. But "Belly pan"
    Yep, you want hear my belly pan experience?? I'll tell you anyway.

Was driving down I-94 between Detroit and Port Huron, the Sportster ahead of me lost his Back Rest / Rack. I had no option to swerve, ended up taking a hit to the belly pan and the lower cowl. The lower cowl shattered and the belly pan looked like it went through a blender.
    The exhaust cover also is a bit bent, will need to be replaced for cosmetics.
    I do believe the belly pan save the oil filter, and the undercarriage where it hit.

But the best part of this experience, the Sportster rider had just left the Harley dealer where he had the Back Rest / Rack installed. He also had the nerve to yell at me and the 3 car drivers for running over his parts !!

Welcome to the board !!!

Seat First
    Shield Second then go from there....

http://wingstuff.com/products/36093-...?from_search=1 paint the edges black if you want..best/strongest on the market!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Seat, then electronic cruise

Ultimate Seat is what I got.
    Then google F6B cruise Australia, that would be the one, love my seat and my cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Welcome to the board !!!

Seat First
    Shield Second then go from there....

http://wingstuff.com/products/36093-...?from_search=1 paint the edges black if you want..best/strongest on the market!

+1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

from sunny FloridaThe Sky is the Limit. After you Buy Two or three Windshields, 960 Led Lights ,a Back Rack or Box, Electronic devices GPS, Radar, Different Grips, Hwy Pegs, Comfy seat, Key Knobs, Led turn signal lights on the front and rear sides etc. You will say you are done. Then something else will come along......Traxxion or Progressive Performance Suspension. Then some go to the Dark side............Yes we love to ride but equally as much we like installing, re-configuring,and adding do-dads. Oh yea if its before 2015 lets not forget adding cruise control..........When you think you are done, you're not.........................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Yep, you want hear my belly pan experience?? I'll tell you anyway.

Was driving down I-94 between Detroit and Port Huron, the Sportster ahead of me lost his Back Rest / Rack. I had no option to swerve, ended up taking a hit to the belly pan and the lower cowl. The lower cowl shattered and the belly pan looked like it went through a blender.
    The exhaust cover also is a bit bent, will need to be replaced for cosmetics.
    I do believe the belly pan save the oil filter, and the undercarriage where it hit.

But the best part of this experience, the Sportster rider had just left the Harley dealer where he had the Back Rest / Rack installed. He also had the nerve to yell at me and the 3 car drivers for running over his parts !!
    Belly pan ordered. Thanks.