Bonjour from France
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonjour from France

Bonjour from France

Hi all,

Have been reading this great forum since several months and decided today to buy a 2013 F6B Deluxe (with ABS) with only 3000 miles at my local dealership. I will be picking up the bike tomorrow and am really excited to start riding it!
    It comes with several goodies from the PO: Honda alarm system , a backrest, luggage plate, vented GW windscreen and heated grips.
    I just ordered the Ergo III highway pegz and a dark klockwerk 14" screen tonite.

I traded in my 2015 KTM 1290 super adventure with 160hp which is a fantastic bike with superb handling and power but I wanted something more laidback and relaxed for cruising and riding with my wife. Plus some longer travels alone.
    We have some fantastic medium high mountains here in the Alsace (and grow some good white wines too!) for nice riding right off the door. I have a 30yr long offroad riding background and still own a few other adventure bikes such as a 950SE, 80 GS and 650 Africa Twin. I had bikes such as the GS1200 adventure and Super Tenere but also a HD XR1200 and wanted someting different. A riding buddy got the F6B last summer and I was amazed what his bike could do on our narrow mountain backroads. So my new bagger is a welcome change, I will enjoy the relaxed cruise!
    A few of my friends ride harleys too and now I can ride with them with the better bike! They won't understand why I didnt buy that street glide!
    I make several extended bike trips every year and will take the F6 down to the mediterranean coast and the Alps for a ride in the twisties within 2 weeks.

Here is a pic in front of the dealership after a short testride, I will post some more pics when I get the bike and done some riding.

Oh yes, I'm almost 49 so still one of the younger riders here I guess. I saw we have a member Kurare from Freiburg-Germany which is only 1h riding away from me (the black forest).

And a big for this fantastic forum which is a bible of information and where people are so helpful!

Congrats on your new ride!!

Welcome. I'm 47 so I'm younger than you.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Nice. Enjoy riding in that beautiful area and definitely post some pics. Maybe even some cool vids like your neighbour.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Welcome. I'm 47 so I'm younger than you.
    I might be the kid here at 45!

Como Ca va (4 years of French in high school and that's it). I bet there's some great riding by you, take some video and post it we would all like to see that beautiful countryside. I've been seriously considering the Africa Twin as a second bike, soon as I dump the Sportster. It looks like a load of fun.

Welcome!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by RWS0292 View Post
    I might be the kid here at 45!
    Well, I sometimes act like I'm 12 soooo
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Welcome to the Forum !!

Welcome to the forum

Bienvenue, d'un cousin canadien. You're going to enjoy that new ride. I have had RT and GT BMWs but this F6B is amazing because it feels like it was made to measure for me...no need to extend the handlebars or to add a lower seat. I am currently on a trip from Toronto to Newfoundland and will ride 9000 km. When I get back home my 2013 F6B will have 50K km (31K miles) of trouble free riding. Let us know about your first impression.