What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 92
Page 92 of 126 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Any pictures by chance Pete?

Did you get to ride with any of the others from our group?

Glad to hear you had fun, looking forward to hearing about it from you in person
    Hi Will,

We had a great time. Such beautiful country. Sadly the only picture I got is below, shot from the deck of Henry's Deli-Mart in Maupin. They had a riders special breakfast - scrambled eggs, biscuits and pork gravy and tall coffee for $6. It was delicious and just what I needed for this long ride.

Attachment 20732

Chuck was out there but about 2 hours behind us. I was riding with a friend who insisted on getting going by 5:30am. Turned out to be a good decision, made it back by 5:30pm which saved my marriage!

Pete
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

I installed the Kisan headlight modulators for the LED hi-beams.

http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums...psuj9zqf1k.mp4

I mounted my GPS to my Madstad screen

Was tired of looking down to see my GPS so I mounted it to my Madstad screen.
    View of the GPS screen is just above the dash and just below my view of the road.... perfect.
    Just need to change the hardware to black to make it look a little nicer.
    Attachment 20922Attachment 20923Attachment 20924

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Was tired of looking down to see my GPS so I mounted it to my Madstad screen.
    View of the GPS screen is just above the dash and just below my view of the road.... perfect.
    Just need to change the hardware to black to make it look a little nicer.
    Attachment 20922Attachment 20923Attachment 20924
    Nice. Love the home ingenuity. Now you got me to thinking. I'm keeping the short shield but I like the posistioning.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

New Tires

A beautiful rainy 57 degree day today so after the only job I had for today canceled I decided to ask for the rest of the day off and get new tires on my recently purchased 2013 F6B.

The first thing I noticed is even though it was raining pretty heavy and I was on I-26 for a while I barely got wet. That would have been a totally different story on the Street Glide I had before.

The guy who had this motorcycle before me had put on a car tire which I didn’t like that well. On these fine SC roads it seemed to want to follow cracks and even the slightest difference in asphalt levels made it want to move around in the lane. The wife didn't like that so I had a new set of Dunlops put on and added the balancing beads. It was the first time I had ever used the beads so I am not sure which made the most difference the tire or the beads. On the way home it was noticeably smoother than before and did great in the curves when I got to where it hadn’t rained in a while.

Looking forward to getting a good trip in soon now that tires aren't a worry!!

Added my GPS mount and powered it up.
    Added the TrailToys EZView mirrors to eliminate blinds spots.
    Made up a key knob for my saddlebag lock.

Quote Originally Posted by pickensace View Post
    A beautiful rainy 57 degree day today so after the only job I had for today canceled I decided to ask for the rest of the day off and get new tires on my recently purchased 2013 F6B.

The first thing I noticed is even though it was raining pretty heavy and I was on I-26 for a while I barely got wet. That would have been a totally different story on the Street Glide I had before.

The guy who had this motorcycle before me had put on a car tire which I didn’t like that well. On these fine SC roads it seemed to want to follow cracks and even the slightest difference in asphalt levels made it want to move around in the lane. The wife didn't like that so I had a new set of Dunlops put on and added the balancing beads. It was the first time I had ever used the beads so I am not sure which made the most difference the tire or the beads. On the way home it was noticeably smoother than before and did great in the curves when I got to where it hadn’t rained in a while.

Looking forward to getting a good trip in soon now that tires aren't a worry!!
    Be careful what you say about the darkside!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Be careful what you say about the darkside!
    Smart Azz!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Smart Azz!!!!
    That stir the pot symbol really works
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Easy now, didn't want to start any trouble with the Darkside!!