Bike insurance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike insurance.

Bike insurance.

Guys,
    Getting ready to renew my bike insurance, I currently have GEICO now. Paying $600 for the year.
    When I looked around last year they had the best price, policy is only for my bike. They couldn't beat my car insurance policy, even if I bundled them together. Ok, I only have 1 speeding ticket from 2 years ago.

Anyone pay less??

Thanks for any information.

Depends where you live. I live in a heavily congested Balt - DC corridor and pay $845.00 per year, for both my F6B and my DR650 with the green lizard. Full coverage with $100,000/$300,000 liability (exceeds mandatory minimum insurance coverage)

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Geico had me at 81 per month full coverage uninsured, at minimum. Drop to 65 after a rider course, went to Allstate at 31 a month, 2013f6b

shooter
    Check Allstate. They seem to be catering to bikes right now. I pay 450 for two bikes full coverage with road service.

Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Kolsch View Post
    Guys,
    Getting ready to renew my bike insurance, I currently have GEICO now. Paying $600 for the year.
    When I looked around last year they had the best price, policy is only for my bike. They couldn't beat my car insurance policy, even if I bundled them together. Ok, I only have 1 speeding ticket from 2 years ago.

Anyone pay less??

Thanks for any information.
    State Farm: $220.00 twice a year
    Coverage Details
    Premium
    Coverage Details
    Liability - Bodily Injury / Property Damage
    $100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident / $50,000 each accident
    Premium
    $33.19
    Coverage Details
    Comprehensive Deductible
    $100
    Premium
    $22.95
    Coverage Details
    Collision Deductible
    $500
    Premium
    $98.27
    Coverage Details
    Uninsured Motor Vehicle
    $100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident / $50,000 each accident
    Premium
    $65.94
    Total Premium
    (total premium includes your discounts)

$220.35

Allstate

I have Allstate and pay $305 a year for full coverage on FOUR bikes. I've shopped around and no one else was even close.

I have read less than sterling reviews regarding Allstate, if you make a claim/have an accident. This is from others in Maryland though... experiances elsewhere may vary.

I have also heard horror stories about Geico as well... have not ever had to make a claim with them (yet).

Progressive has most excellent service for us... my Tacoma that was crushed by a pine tree a few years ago, and my better half has had to make a couple of claims as well (not her fault).

May just drop both bikes on Progressive next year.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I have read less than sterling reviews regarding Allstate, if you make a claim/have an accident. This is from others in Maryland though... experiances elsewhere may vary.

I have also heard horror stories about Geico as well... have not ever had to make a claim with them (yet).

Progressive has most excellent service for us... my Tacoma that was crushed by a pine tree a few years ago, and my better half has had to make a couple of claims as well (not her fault).

May just drop both bikes on Progressive next year.
    Progressive for me. They treated me extremely fair on my totaled 109. No questions asked and just asked for a verbal mod list, which wasn't very long, but still.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I have State Farm and am happy with it. The service is more important than the money...

I have a friend with Progressive, he totaled his bike and they paid him for all his add ons @ 100% got a check for $4500 more than book value!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm crying

I live in Toronto Ontario area in Canada. No tickets, no claims. $1500 a year. And we don't drive year round.