F6B With Harley Trunk - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: F6B With Harley Trunk

looks great, I may look into a smaller leather tour pack.

Quote Originally Posted by twtex85 View Post
    Can you post pics of how you mounted it to the back of the F6? Looks pretty nice back there for those times when you need more luggage space. I assume it can be disconnected quickly. Nice mod and would love to see how you mounted it.

Harley trunk

Quote Originally Posted by IamBatmanF6B View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1594

What do you all think?
    I loved this idea, ordered one from Matuza, these are knock offs, a lot cheaper to buy, warning you get what you pay for.when I opened box, one latch was in the bottom of the box. Matuza said they would replace, but I decided to purchase Harley's black hinges and latches. When I was drilling out the rivets for the existing latches and hinges, some practically fell out. I also ordered a Harley backrest as the Matuza one doesn't fit very good and is very hard. Also ordered the retractable cable and trunk liner, all in all I know have a nice trunk with black hardware and it was still cheaper by about 200 bucks over the Harley trunk. I will post pics in a couple of days, we are on the road heading east across Canada and then circling the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote1998 View Post
    I will post pics in a couple of days, we are on the road heading east across Canada and then circling the USA.
    Any updated pics for this? Thnx.

If I were to add a trunk, I would use the HD chopped tour pak for the 2014 model year. It has new lines and would probably flow with the bags. But....it's 800 bucks I think. Currently waiting on my rack, and will use my waterproof duffle for awhile

Sorry to the OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread.

Up until I had a good hard look at a F6B a couple of weeks ago and read a number of reviews I was seriously looking at getting a Street Glide. My intentions with it were to get an after market tour pack and as well as the HD 4 point mounting system to make it easy-removable for the infrequent times when the little lady would be traveling with me. The Street Glide is nice and all but I just hate being one of the 'pirate' crowd.

Here's a couple of links to after-market trunks. Both manufacturers make a chopped version as well. The Power Products trunk is highly rated by quite a few Harley riders.
    Power Products http://www.powerproductsparts.com/tour.html
    Scoot Works http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/p...59326359.30702

Just have to figure out how to fab (or have someone fab) a mount.

Hey Batman, how about posting a pic of your mount please. I am going to add a trunk for trips, I just cant get satisfied with current garage full of bags and strapping them down. Thanks

$800 for a trunk . . .

$340 for a trailer hitch. No contest. Besides, no woman ever takes as much as she brings back!

IamBatmanF6B

Post Pics In The Morning

Sorry guys, I forgot all about doing this. I will take the mount off tomorrow and get some pics for you all. It worked vey well for my trip I took to Sturgis and my wife LOVED it!

trunk

What do you all think?[/QUOTE]I think my wifes Boobs wouldn't fit. It needs to be back an inch or two. Back boxes are handy but I agree that I left Harley and don't really want Harley parts on my Honda. Funny thing, All my HD riding buddies want to ride my F6B and always come back smiling ear to ear. HD better get busy or they are going to loose a lot of loyal customers like me.
    Dickie