Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
So, have been saving up for the Helibars - though I really don't like the look of them, and have had the MLB risers (Narrow) on the bike a couple of times, and back to stock a couple of times, and was just about to do the drill out procedure that someone (Big Larry, maybe?) found where you drill the holes to 1/2 inch and pull the bars out while tightening down on the bolts, when I thought as a last ditch I remember someone putting the MLB risers on backwards - that is the L on the R and the R on the L
I figured I didn't have much to lose - and Oh My Word, I am in love with the bike all over again!!!!
Turned the handlebars more flat - that is no wrist bend, and up and out - and with my carved out seat (thanks Mean City Cycles) my hands are only a couple inches below my shoulder height.
Absolutely love my handlebars now!
The ONLY complaint I have is when I turn all the way, like to maneuver in the garage my handlebar actually hits the speaker housing dash piece - as I painted it to match, I'm going to be bummed when it leaves a mark - we will cross that bridge another time - in the meantime I love this $30 fix (bought the MLB risers off of eBay)
much respect,
2~kewl, Gypsy MC
Could you drill out 1 hole on each riser to pull the bars back just enough to not mess up your new paint?