F6B or Full Wing...?

Thread: F6B or Full Wing...?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    my white f6b gets attention everywhere i go. it just looks classy, and the younger bitches love it.

https://aboutdawn.wordpress.com/2016...e-and-oneitis/

i prefer a slightly shiney look and have several coats of liquid glass on it. it has the sparkle look of the 07 shadow aero in the sun, and i think looks better than the straight matte finish.

and did i mention that the younger bitches love it?

Get the F6B!

I have owned a new 2012 GoldWing, and currently own a 2015 F6B. IN reality, you can't go wrong with either bike, but my thoughts are directed on the mission. Keep in mind, the Street Glide is one of the most popular Harley Davidson's, and for a good reason...I owned a new 2012 at the same time I had my Goldwing.

Two up touring, you HAVE to have the Goldwing! So...if you like to do a majority of your riding going on long distance trips...the GoldWing is the bike. It feels a lot heavier with the top-box, and does have a different seat and a few other intricacies. So, more comfortable, and passenger accommodations with luggage, this is your bike.

That being said. If you enjoy looking cool, a more maneuverable bike for your daily driver and go fetch some groceries, the F6B is your bike. It still can do the long distance tours, load the thing up with the kitchen sink strapped on, and you will love it! It just has that light of a feel compared to the GoldWing.

Goldwing or F6B?

In my opinion the F6B is the way to go. I traded a 07 Goldwing in on my 2015 F6B and I have absolutely no regrets. I disagree with a previous reply on the Wing being better for long trips and touring. I do a lot of touring and some motorcycle camping and the F6B gives up nothing at all to the wing on multi-day trips. I strap a large bag on the back seat and if needed another on the luggage rack. I made a three week trip in July and never missed having a trunk.

Its just one mans opinion but I think that it is worth the extra money to get a 2015. As I said I do a lot of touring and I enjoy the cruise.

In any case welcome to Forum

Circle-5
    If I had the money, I'd get one of each.

I had both, owned a 2002 full Wing and me and the wife loved it! Had a couple of close calls with teen girls texting and I sold it and was done. Decided to be safe bought a 2013 Can Am Spyder RTS,... don't recommend this option, EVER! (long story involving lawyers) Ended up buying a 2015 F6B in blue and love it for the styling and looks. The wife was not too keen on it with out the trunk so I had to mod the bike to accept a Kawasaki trunk kit I already had, this trunk can be installed/removed in about 15 minuets that way it's the bike I like and when she wants to go she has the trunk/backrest. Sometimes I wish I had got the full Wing but not very often.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I had both, owned a 2002 full Wing and me and the wife loved it! Had a couple of close calls with teen girls texting and I sold it and was done. Decided to be safe bought a 2013 Can Am Spyder RTS,... don't recommend this option, EVER! (long story involving lawyers) Ended up buying a 2015 F6B in blue and love it for the styling and looks. The wife was not too keen on it with out the trunk so I had to mod the bike to accept a Kawasaki trunk kit I already had, this trunk can be installed/removed in about 15 minuets that way it's the bike I like and when she wants to go she has the trunk/backrest. Sometimes I wish I had got the full Wing but not very often.
    I saw your thread about the trunk kit and was very impressed. Also saw the recent posts that Kawi had discontinued the kit, and was very disappointed. I'm sure there are other similar options that could be explored... I may continue to look into this.

With respect to my wife, she has never ridden with me (except a few times as kids on my dirt bikes), and unfortunately our time to ride off together into the sunset is being threatened by other unstoppable influences. As a result, her sunset will come sooner than mine. If I do any two-up riding in the future it would be with my daughter (25), and I don't see that happening often enough to make it a major criteria in my decision. Besides, I recently bought her a 2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 and am teaching her to ride on her own... which would be my preferred adventure with her.

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    That really "is" the coolest color! GORGEOUS bike man!

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    If I had the money, I'd get one of each.
    As would I... and in a slew of colors.

But alas... I must instead make a choice.
    Decisions, decisions.