H.I.D. Failure
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H.I.D. Failure

Cool H.I.D. Failure

I had the pleasure of meeting a Florida Highway Patrolman recently. Among other things, he suggested my HID's had a green look and a tint of blue. I assured the officer that I bought them and there were K6000 which represents the sun at 12 noon. He TOLD me they were green with a tint of blue. I said yes sir and let it go. Well I fellow rider tells me they have a tint of green and I am thinking these folks are color blind. I nicely agree and move on. Later I pull up behind a trailer with a reflective covering on the doors and dam if I don't see a tint of green.... well a week later and they are dam near green. Until this afternoon when they both died at the same time!!!

Long story to say that I am thinking when the HID's are in the process of giving up they have a tint of green with some blue thrown in there as well. Oh Well they did last 2.5 years and I can get new ones for $7 each.... pick them up on Sat!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Hopefully not socalmotos?
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nope , but everything wears out !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Maybe that green tinge is just a built in warning that you will be soon parting with some green.

Steve--My advice is to go with the LED H7's that we've been discussing recently. Trust me, you'll really like them.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I had the same thing happen to my XV1700

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Long story to say that I am thinking when the HID's are in the process of giving up they have a tint of green with some blue thrown in there as well. Oh Well they did last 2.5 years and I can get new ones for $7 each.... pick them up on Sat!
    I bought mine from eBay and paid a lot for them. When the tubes get gassey the copper in the electrodes starts showing up in the arc and that's what gives the green/blue color. Replaced the tubes and all was good again.
    My favorite riding accessory is my LADY.
    I do not care how nice the bike is, I enjoy it more when she is with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Steve--My advice is to go with the LED H7's that we've been discussing recently. Trust me, you'll really like them.
    Steve, if you would like a go at the ones I ordered I will give you a deal. After the debacle of my bike and tearing the whole front end apart and added the construction at my casa, I don't see me tearing into the bike anytime soon. I have a huge winter project with the house and new pool and I really don't see me doing the LEDs this winter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Steve, if you would like a go at the ones I ordered I will give you a deal. After the debacle of my bike and tearing the whole front end apart and added the construction at my casa, I don't see me tearing into the bike anytime soon. I have a huge winter project with the house and new pool and I really don't see me doing the LEDs this winter.
    I have a set already on the shelf.... what do you have? Please PM info may go to the LED's !

I have been a little jealous of Ken's so now maybe the time to jump.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

At the risk of interfering with a possible sale, I must mention that we discovered something much better after that link to VLEDS. I did install the VLEDS in my Ninja 1000 but it was a difficult install due to the radiator fins interfering with the retaining spring. Fortunately, another product came along that made this installation much easier and boosted the light output as well. So you don't have to find the thread on this, here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390890572696...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are the best I've seen to date that can work on the F6B, both low and high beams.
    Ken (Hornblower)