Just to clear the air - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just to clear the air

With regards to the Indian, anybody have first hand knowledge as to their reliability? Dealer support?

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Flyboy, "I don't know what you're really like, but just from reading your posts, you come across as a very intolerant person, and that is just my humble opinion. I wish you the best! "

Society as I see it is heading to pure tolerance...some older and most younger don't have a stance on ANYTHING...EVERYTHING is OK..... Seems to me their moral compass is broken, it is this same mindset that when we are taken over or whatever else is in this countries future will sit idly by while it happens and then will wonder why?
    Give The Man a prize. Steve you hit the nail on the head. That's the new attitude. I call it Passivity. Everything is ok. Well its not. Society has gone to hell in a handbasket. The tree huggers forgot about 9/11. Thousands killed. Then they elected one. Yeah I went there. Well just in case anyone cares , nothing is OK. Not much is right anymore. And you know why? Our elected officials don't have the balls to stand up and admit that. That's due to the fact that the wrong people are electing them. There are a lot if good intelligent hard working people in this country that don't vote. That is the problem. Passivity. Guys its still OK to have an opinion and to voice that opinion. Its OK to defend that opinion vehemently. Take a stand. Don't just float down the river. Paddle hard!!!

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    well you can't really argue, we all know it's black......

that is until someone removes the limiter and then it will be proven.
    Don't Guhl would be glad to do that for you.
    Black will still be the fastest.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Don't Guhl would be glad to do that for you.
    Black will still be the fastest.
    Don removed my top speed limiter and did some other magical things as well........mine is black so the debate is over!

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Buddy of mine bought a 2014 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide for something like 40K, missed all of last Sumner as it was in the dealer the whole time. There was a common problem they couldn't fix, he wouldn't tell me. My guess is that I know on the newer touring models there was a violent handlebar vibration on a deceleration around 30 mph. I know the exact fix because a great mechanic friend of mine, we call him the Natural, has done them.
    I got one of those buddies too. $39K and change. No way I would trade my B for it. I don't dislike HD or any other brand. My best friend rides an Ultra Classic. I just don't drink the HD kool-aid. Mines bigger , faster , cheaper and better looking. Just my opinion.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    You even get a pretty sticker....

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't apply to the Scout.
    The Scout doesn't need any help, that bike will sell itself. Had it been available when I bought the 1200 I wouldn't have hesitated. Same price, basically, 100HP and liquid-cooled it wouldn't have been a thought. The F6B is the wedge inside HD's touring market and the Scout is the same for the cruisers. IMHO, there's a little panic going on at corporate in Milwaukee which is good because the consumer wins when there is competition.

Without much fanfare, as compared to other new models, the F6B, IMHO, will slowly but surely become more and more popular. This model bridges the gap and allows a smooth transition, styling_wise, that may have stopped Harley owners, and other touring bikes, before from jumping to a Goldwing, even though we know it is one SHHHHH. I am function over form so it wasn't hard for me but may have stopped a lot of people because you will be ostracized by your buddies. After meeting a couple of Harley friends for lunch I came out to find a big, fluffy teddy bear attached to the rear seat of my F6B. I got on the bike, made sure teddy was strapped in properly and we blew down the highway. It actually is a book bag also, I think I have a pic somewhere.
    I knew I had it, it's a book bag too, gave it to my niece.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Don removed my top speed limiter and did some other magical things as well........mine is black so the debate is over!
    well there you have it.... I'm pissed at myself, last year when Don was looking for a B to tinker with, I was up the road in Lebanon PA working on the VAMC. I could have trailered and left it with him for a while. Now I missed out and don't get a cool sticker! Might just schedule a follow up next summer.

I didn't mean to bring any disrespect or controversy to the forum. I try and keep the posts fun, somewhat informative with a sometimes spirited conversation. I think this is a great place for ideas and opinions and the members are probably some of the best of the forums I've been on. However, when it starts to take a personal turn, which I don't understand, I have no problem punching back. In the future I will try and do a better job of ignoring the other side but, again, sometimes it just begs for a return volley, I'll work on that. Again, my apologies.

You can't help it--you're just a little prick. And a liar too. I'll be happy to post the evidence for anyone who wants to see it.

I think you need a 30-day self-imposed ban to help you remember that we're all here to get along and exchange information. And you can start by adding your phone number to the private phone list to show your new commitment to cooperation. Maybe that will keep you honest and a little more responsible for what you post here.

BTW, nobody gives a rat's ass about what kinda Harley you used to have.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.