Quote Originally Posted by bikernerd@th View Post
Thanks Jim.

I have been following your posts closely over the last month or so as your decision process seems to closely parallel mine. This will be a big upgrade for me so I have been mulling over the new vs used decision in much the same way you did. Like you, I have a preferred color (blue) and a perceived need for the cruise control option. The more I thing about it, neither seem to be worth the $5K premium.

My problem is I usually keep my toys for a long time and don't trade often. It's a very tough decision.
You're welcome.

With the money I saved, the bike could become any color I want.

With respect to Cruise... I thought I wanted it mostly to help me keep my speeds under control, but what I've found is that because this bike is so much heavier (read: smoother) than my ST1100P and previous bikes, I actually don't find myself creeping up to unreasonable speeds like I thought I would. I actually ride it quite conservatively. Then again... I'm 56 now and that could be a contributing factor. Additionally, for those few moments when I need to remove my right hand from the throttle, the ThrottleMeister performs well enough.

Jim