You know what they say about opinions!!!!

There are folks that swear skydiving is a blast too but you aint getting my ass to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft!!! Makes no sense to me like dark siding to some.

I got tired of reading non informed opinions and seeing the obvious hostility towards one side or the other, did the research, and tried it. I suggest you consider doing the same. Most of the dark siders I have heard from love it, some don't. But like me they did try it. Most of the ney sayers have not tried it, and honestly don't have a clue.
As I said I did try it, and I let two of my friends ride my F6B dark sided, both liked it and are in the process of dark siding theirs. I took my rim and car tire off of my F6B and kept it when I traded the bike for the wing and will put it on the wing when I wear out the bike tire. You can get a used rim fairly cheap, and the tires, well you know.
If you don't like it someone will certainly cover your costs in buying the set up..... I seriously had no negative comments running the dark side, but again I also ride motorcycle tires. I do like the thought of a run flat on the bike. I try not to sway anyone either way. But the Dark Side does work and it works well. I ride as hard as most do here in the mountains. Not a sport bike rider but I do push it and I don't even think about having a car tire on the back when I do.