• Corbin

18 8.53%
  • Stock

131 62.09%
  • Other (please post)

8 3.79%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F6B Happy Ass Poll!

To follow up on my thoughts on using the Mustang pads with the Ultimate seats: I spoke to Mustang today. The 12 X 9 Passenger backrest pad can be special ordered without sissy bar specific mounting holes. That would work to be able to mount them on the Ultimate backrest brackets in place of the Ultimate pads However, the rider backrest pad with Mustang has it's brackets mounted directly into the pad and can't be separated. So the pad alone can't be used as a bolt on.

So, at this point, the only option to use the Mustang backrest pads would be to use their 12 X 9 inch passenger pad for both rider and passenger. That might be possible or a 12 X 9 may be a little too big for the rider.

Looks like I'll order the Ultimate King with both backrests. I can take my Mustang pad off of my VTX and hold it in place on the F6B with the Ultimate seat and see how it would look. It may still work. For now, it's just a regular 3 piece Ultimate set. I'll keep you posted and take pics if the Mustang/Ultimate combo works out.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcPW View Post
    Stoke seat, but ordered the Mustang, thanks to the great customer service from Teresa and Rick at Value Accessories.
    I will keep you posted on this one, just after mid-June.
    Had it for a while now, very happy ! The back support is good, need to go for a long ride now, but it is still winter in NZ, temperature are about 37 in the morning, 54 in the afternoon...

I would ilike to get that seat if you still have it?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoPumps View Post
    I have about 400 miles on a Mustang Tripper Fastback and am very happy. I also have a NIB Mustang Tripper Deluxe (Tuck and Roll) that I would be willing to part with if anyone is on a long waiting list.

I am short of inseam, and appreciate having a bit more boot on the ground, especially for backing up. The F6B was low enough for comfort before, but the extra 1" of reach is welcome at times.

Very happy with the bike so far. Only mods are a stock GW vented windshield and the Mustang. My two main rides before were a Yamaha Super Tenere with a Sargent seat and FJR with a Corbin.

The Mustang is very well turned out.

Rob
    I would ilike to get that seat if you still have it?

loving the stock seat

Put over 400 miles of mostly slow twisting roads around Lake Michigan over two days. No issues with my back side, the stock seat seems pretty nice for me. (Throttle lock is my next must have though.) This was my first ride with my new Clearview windshield. I purchased the Sport with the curved edges. The shape makes it fell like I am looking through Bifocals, little bit of a bummer.

Seat

Stock

What seat

I can say i changed the seat on my last 3 bikes 2 mustang 1 travelcade but this stock seat is the best i ever sat on never thought i would say this STOCK / ROCKS

I'm finding myself wanting to slide further back than the rise allows from time to time. Any aftermarket accommodate that? Might have to contemplate an upholstery friend making it more of a straight tunnel and go old, old school with it. (After the newness wears off of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    I'm finding myself wanting to slide further back than the rise allows from time to time. Any aftermarket accommodate that? Might have to contemplate an upholstery friend making it more of a straight tunnel and go old, old school with it. (After the newness wears off of course.
    MLB, Kuryakyn, and others make riser for the F6B handlebars that will give you more pullback. I have a set of MLB risers that I'm getting ready to install.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoPumps View Post
    I have about 400 miles on a Mustang Tripper Fastback and am very happy. I also have a NIB Mustang Tripper Deluxe (Tuck and Roll) that I would be willing to part with if anyone is on a long waiting list.

I am short of inseam, and appreciate having a bit more boot on the ground, especially for backing up. The F6B was low enough for comfort before, but the extra 1" of reach is welcome at times.

Very happy with the bike so far. Only mods are a stock GW vented windshield and the Mustang. My two main rides before were a Yamaha Super Tenere with a Sargent seat and FJR with a Corbin.

The Mustang is very well turned out.

Rob
    Hello. Do you you still have the tuck and roll seat available? ?

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    MLB, Kuryakyn, and others make riser for the F6B handlebars that will give you more pullback. I have a set of MLB risers that I'm getting ready to install.
    I think that's kind of the opposite of what I'm wanting to do xKnight. I'll have to try and notice next ride whether it's because I want to extend my arms more or straighten my legs more, but I definitely have no need to be closer to the bar on this bike. I do see helibars in my future because I know I want to change the angle, but here I'm talking about moving back towards the passenger seat.