Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
You have single-handedly restored my belief that intelligent life resides in New Jersey, you are the man. I have never used high test in any of my cars or bikes. You have no choice on the water, it's all hi-test here.
This is proving again , that all cars being on the roads in USA are the best among best in the world and all of them can take
(technically speaking) huge ABUSE . Yes - we might understand now , why our gas is cheaper then that in Europe . If I tell
you , that "worst" petrol grade sold in Europe has 92 octanes ( and going up to 99 ), it will clarify the question : "Why is so" ?
Well - OCTANES contain structural isomers (stereoisomers) , which are costly in production and consumers must pay for it .
Octane boosters are required for immediate response in "stop and go" habits in smaller european cities or even highways .
Americans driving cars with much more powerful engines and traditionally , most of them are overbuild and do not need any
enhancements on longer distances ( which we are famous of ) . So , re-assuming this , using hi-octain gasoline is the only
factory recommendation in hi-performance cars and thanks to self-adjusting sensors , we can use lower petrol grades without
sacrificing pleasures of driving them . However , there is another factor related to temperatures and time of fuel burn-out
in combustion chambers , which definitely increases performing responsiveness in racing cars or motorcycles , that's why
these vehicles needs much higher quality of gas .