Your opinion on 2013 Harley Ultra Limited
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on 2013 Harley Ultra Limited

Your opinion on 2013 Harley Ultra Limited

Stop!

Before you tell me that I am on the wrong forum I have a question. I have an opportunity to buy a new 2013 Ultra Limited for 22K. This bike has all the comforts of home including CC, ABS, security system and a great paint job.

My F6BD is fine except for the paint job and no ABS, security, tour pack or cruise. Is getting rid of the Honda for the Harley a good or bad idea?

Former Harley owners and Harley know it all's opinions welcome. Haters, please just move on.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post

My F6BD is fine except for the paint job and no ABS, security, tour pack or cruise. Is getting rid of the Honda for the Harley a good or bad idea?
    To each his own. Assuming you have previously owned or at least experienced the Harley, and therefore know what the differences are, then you are in a position to make the call that only you can make.

I have never owned a Harley. I do know lots of biased people who do. LOL

I've owned more HD's than Honda's. This really is a question only you can answer. I've found their touring bikes to be some of the most comfortable bikes to ride down the interstate, if you want to go in a straight line. So let me tell you why I am back on a Honda.

The ever increasing displacement of the air cooled engine, made them roasters for me. I hated that heat issue.

Maintenance. Change the oil on the F6B and go. Lay the bike on it's side and change the tire. Simple.

Reliability. Speaks for itself.

Herd mentality, pirate costumes, and "look at me, I'm baddd". Not for me.

I'm all for heritage, keep it, but give me the choice of something new.

Price. I can have at least two bikes for the price of 1 new top of the line Ultra.

Handling, I love the F6 ride.

Here are some reasons I rode Harley's and might again if they come out with a model I like

Harley has the best paint, accessory availability, and dealer network of any manufacturer.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Do what you want, nobody here will slam you.

There is and will continue to be deals on "Non-Rushmore" HD Touring bikes. They are selling for $2-3000 less than they have been. If you really want the HD style, the difference in payment between that 2013 @ $22K and a 2014 Rushmore Ultra @ $23K (list price) or 2014 Limited @ $26K (list price) wouldn't be much. Why not buy the 2014?

If you want performance, better paint, ABS and a trunk why not just buy a custom painted Goldwing? Pretty sure you can find a 2013 for a good deal from HOR or other dealers that offer them with paint. All they really need is a coat of clear over the stock paint.

I have owned and ridden many HD Electra-Glides and although I like them they do not offer the performance or handling of the Goldwing. If you spend enough money you can really get them to perform but no matter how much you spend on suspension you are dealing with a frame designed in 1980.

there's a reason for everything

i'd wonder "why" it's for sale.

before i got my f6b, i had 2 electraglides ('96 & '08),
    i liked them fine, but, as my riding buddy says, he never saw a h-d service dept that wasn't full of bikes
    (and we visited ALOT of them , lol)

until they resolve their throttle-by-wire problems, i will never get on one again

peace of mind....priceless

just my opinion
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

HD Electraglide

I have a 2000 Elactraglide with 140,000 kms (85,000 miles) on it and a newly purchased, not yet ridden, F6B. I have made some upgrades to the Harley, such as 1550 cc cylinders, gear drive cams, SE heads, but none were necessary. I am still on the stock drive belt, the engine and drivetrain are fine. The reliability has been good. The handling is fine through the twisties (come ride with me on the 511 to Calabogie). The brakes could be better, the fronts stronger and the rear not so easy to lock up. The only weak spot is the cam-chain tensioners, which may not be an issue on the 2013 model year due to a redesign.

Having said all that, the 2013 and earlier bikes have dropped in value due to the major changes in the 2014 models. As was previously noted, unless you get a super deal on the 2013, get a 2014.

Why is it that when we arrive at our destination while I'm out riding with my H-D buddies, they all want to stand around my F6B and ask questions? I swear that some of them look sick when I lay out the specs and tell them the price. They really feel bad when I easily blow by them on the road. I've had several Harleys and enjoyed them as well. For now, the F6B easily wins out.

I wasn't going to post to this thread but I couldn't resist.
    Up until the F6B I've ridden Harleys for the past 40 years .My 2007 Electragide Ultra, and my 2011 Roadglide Ultra were both constantly in the Shop. Bad transmissions, compensators, front end wobble, primary chain problems, radio problems, security system problems, Tire cupping problems, ABS bearings front and rear going bad every 5000 miles, cam bearing going bad and the list goes on and on. In Harleys defense it was all covered under warranty except the motel stay for 5 days while the figured out what was wrong with it.If you want low maintenance and Reliability Stay the Heck away from HD.
    The only way I would buy one is if I could flip it and make a profit.............................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I wasn't going to post to this thread but I couldn't resist.
    Up until the F6B I've ridden Harleys for the past 40 years .My 2007 Electragide Ultra, and my 2011 Roadglide Ultra were both constantly in the Shop. Bad transmissions, compensators, front end wobble, primary chain problems, radio problems, security system problems, Tire cupping problems, ABS bearings front and rear going bad every 5000 miles, cam bearing going bad and the list goes on and on. In Harleys defense it was all covered under warranty except the motel stay for 5 days while the figured out what was wrong with it.If you want low maintenance and Reliability Stay the Heck away from HD.
    The only way I would buy one is if I could flip it and make a profit.............................Dickie
    22K for the 13 is not a good price. You can buy a 14 for close to that. But I wouldn't buy any of them unless I could make a profit on it. Nuff Said.....Dickie