Madstad for F6B - Page 16
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    You really have to ride behind the Madstad before you can fully appreciate the difference.

Yep. Wife an I switched bikes a couple weeks ago so she could see the difference. She was 'perfectly happy' with her Baggershield Convertible,,, until she road my bike...

I'd go;

Buffeting:

Madstad 15" = 9.5
    Baggershield convertible in the 'full up' position. (20.5" above rubber strip) ~8~

Wind noise:

Madstad 15" = 9.5
    Baggershield convertible in the 'full up' position. (20.5" above rubber strip) ~6-7~

Good answers on the issues of windshields...Yes, I have the 11"-19" adjustable Baggershield and it is great for me as little wind noise and minimum air flow is important to me due to bad allergies, and at 74 hearing loss is very critical to me..For whatever reasons I cannot deal with ear plugs and have tried many, plus I am a little claustrophobic and just can't deal with full face helmets...If those that have the Mastad feel it is that much better than whatever is out there, I will maybe give it try next year...Do not want to "piss money down a rat hole", so to speak, on extra windshields, but will see if I can find someone with the Madstad on their bike and try it.....Thanks

Cee Bailey 15" light grey tint w/air vent = 5 . CB is quality construction, but not as quiet

Slipstreamer 11" drk smoke = 3 . Looks great but too much buffet and noise

Honda tall touring = 5 . Too tall and noisy with my full face flipper

Madstad = 10. plus I look the "technical" looks. Quiet, clean, and I look way over it.

Ths morning I was riding @ 37F with my FF on, but visor open on the freeway 90% of the time. The Madstad really works, my other screen was stocker and CB 13".
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Cool Woah - What's that bright light in the sky?

Wow - no wind, snow, ice or rain just a fantastic 50 degree cloudless day.

Time to unleash the F6B and test out the Madstad on the local autobahn.

I agree with 1951vbs that the Madstad may not the most elegant shield but I'm wiling to compromise to reduce the wind noise and enjoy listening to my feel good tunes.

Long story short I have the 11" shield, have it on the lowest setting and couldn't be happier with the result.
    Super accessory for a great bike.

Song of the day.
    Its a beautiful day - U2

may not the most elegant

I'm far from elegant myself, but that doesn't stop me from riding!

Quite a difference over OEM, eh?

According to UPS I will have mine tomorrow.

Hey Scotrod, what ever came of the base on the wife's bike? Did the 12 3/4" become 10" like I was told would be shipped.

Long story on Wifes base.

Went to install the base on the bike and the holes were off just a fraction. Wouldn't fit w/o force and forcing arced it up on one side.

Laid the garnish in the installed position and the base was about ~8~ inches above the weather strip.

Took pics of the misalignment and pics of the measurements of the bases above the weather strip on both bikes and sent them to Chris.

Per Chris,, ~8~ above weather strip = 10 inch base (Heck if I know! )

Chris is sending a new base to use in lieu of the one that apparently slipped while being drilled. (Did not have to RMA the first one. Not that I really have a use for the old base, but it's a hassle to wrap / ship stuff back)

New base to deliver tmrw. Wife is very anxious to get her 'stad as she still remembers how quiet it was when she rode my bike.

Wifes Madstad came with a 13 inch shield,,, She wasn't using it (heh heh!) so I 'borrowed' it for a day. Switched back to my 15 the next day.

For me and my set up, the 15 works better than the 13. 13 is too short. Sliding it up a lot is not near as effective as a 15 slid up 'a couple inches' off the garnish. I do feel that the 13 will be 'just right' for the Wife.

Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
    Scotrod, as you can see from D Sharks photo Chris is giving you a line of bull. If my base doesn't wind up being 10" from gasket (like I specifically called and requested) I am going to come unglued a little. I took the extra effort to request it, and was assured that the 10" base was now the "standard" and no need to specify.

Guess we find out tomorrow...

My shield measurements are from the upper edge of weatherstrip. Looks about like a 9 3/16 in the pic above using my method. Maybe 10 ish at the bottom of the gasket.

Dshark was one of the earliest owners, and we believe it might have been possible he rec'd a GL base instead of an F6B base.

Bruce B got his shortly after Dshark, and he had the shorter base. (Pics in this thread)

My bases so far have been somewhere around ~8~,, maybe a touch above 8,, from top of strip to top of shield.

If memory serves, that's about the same as Bruces 1st base,,,