OEM GW Windshield - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OEM GW Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Good idea, that might happen.
    After thinking about this, it's not possible. The vent is already just above the dash. Oh well. My experiment turned out to fail.

Turns out I can't stand the shield at 16-3/4 (Not comfortable looking over or under), and I don't like it at 18-3/4 either (not high enough to see under comfortably). I covered up the holes (looks like crap ) and set it at the highest position, 20-3/4 inches. Basically the stock Wing setting all the way up. I know it will be nice and quiet to ride with but it looks odd on the F6B, and I'm stuck looking through it.

I went through this same process with my HDSG and could never seem to find that magic shield that I was happy with. I really hope the Windbender will be THE ONE. At $400 it better be. At least they have a good return policy. I can always go back to the stock shield if I have to, I'm just searching for the Holy Grail of shields.

Thanks for listening to my blah blah blah, whatever. Why does this always happen to me???

The reason this is so important to me is because I love to listen to music while I ride, but I also want to hear everything around me at the same time. It's hard to have it both ways.

Oh, and this is why I haven't bought a F4 or CBailey. This would be an even more expensive search for the right shield.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Why does this always happen to me???

Don't feel alone! My VTX was 'an experience', learned quite a bit on the Stratoliner, and the 6 is different,,,

I'm currently running a Madstad, but I believe you are heading in the right direction with a 'bender!

Can't really make any justifiable comments on this issue except the Adjustable Baggershield 11-19" works great for me and I have no plans to spend money on any other options at this point...Hope you find what is best for you riding style......

Bobby, I run a Sena SMH10R in my helmet and it was never a problem to hear with the stock shield. So if you don't mind the lack of wind/weather protection you can solve the music issue for $170 if you bluetooth it from your phone, which is what I do, or $300ish if you want to be able to get the on bike audio to the Sena (using the SH10 adapter).

I love this set up and would use it regardless of windshield choice, for me the windshield thing is about wind noise, turbulence, weather, etc. I have a Madstad arriving tomorrow, and am very excited about it. Currently running a Tulsa that sits 17" from rubber gasket to the top. I still get wind hitting me from mid eyeball up, and like you wouldn't want to go any higher.

I think i mentioned this but I like a super tall shield so I got found a used Windstream that is 20" and I love it, warm or hot it's comfortable, I look through it and it's super clear. I had the F4 on my other wings and they are also fantastic if not a bit pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Bobby, I run a Sena SMH10R in my helmet and it was never a problem to hear with the stock shield. So if you don't mind the lack of wind/weather protection you can solve the music issue for $170 if you bluetooth it from your phone, which is what I do, or $300ish if you want to be able to get the on bike audio to the Sena (using the SH10 adapter).
    But how do the speakers sound? I had a Bluetooth headset before but the speakers sounded awful.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    But how do the speakers sound? I had a Bluetooth headset before but the speakers sounded awful.
    I like them fine. From the research I have done they seem to be considered the best for audio quality (routinely beating out chatterbox, and the like). I am not a huge audiophile, but it doesn't sound like I am listening to my music via a tin can or anything.

The sena has good sound quality JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Can't really make any justifiable comments on this issue except the Adjustable Baggershield 11-19" works great for me and I have no plans to spend money on any other options at this point...Hope you find what is best for you riding style......

++ Bagger Shield, same satisfaction. Cool look and works well solo and perfect for the passenger with the clear extension.
    Quick change in minutes, from anywhere. Best of both worlds for me.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe