Summer Heat - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer Heat

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    They are talking about a "heat dome" positioning itself over major parts of the U.S. from now and through the weekend.

And I have a Poker run that is probably going to sap all of my energy this Saturday...

Speaking of heat... and motorcycles... and sweating.... I made a discovery of sorts a couple of days ago, it was sort of "embarrassing" after it was pointed out to me.

Seems that we all sweat in the saddle while riding in these summer temperatures. I had rode for a couple of hours last weekend and then decided to pull into a local watering hole for a beverage. Getting off my bike and then into the establishment; the friendly barmaid asked me "why are your jeans all wet"? and I replied "what do you mean?" and she said that "you look like you wet your pants" and sure enough when I looked at the reflection of my backside; my fades jeans were completely wet

Now I have developed a case of self consciousness each time I get off my bike after a run in these temps, and can't quite figure out how to deal with it.
    Have you got beads on your seat? They've helped me immensely.

As far as the sweaty pants I use my old Harley Davidon Circulator Seat pad which flows air under your ass. It will help but some days there is not much you can do. It makes a big difference and if it rains you can pull it out and your Mustang seat seams wont get you all wet.

I know it seems like it would be hotter than wearing a t-shirt and shorts to wear the gear but it actually keeps you cooler in the long run. Also you are better protected from the sun and the road rash.
    Steve

The air pants really do work...I wear them with,https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-...-riding-shorts, and everybody stays cool !!! I wear their tops as well.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Are the heat out underwear better than under armor?
    Steve

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by bgd8rd View Post
    I'm feeling you over here in KC too. Just a brutal summer. I mean the humidity just won't stop. Miserable. Where is 88 degrees and 50% humidity when you need it....? :-|
    Yeah and I mean that ain't that great but its so much better than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I live in Ofallon, MO and it has been brutal this year. I am trying to wear my gear on the way to and from work.
    The Dainese mesh really flows air way better than my other mesh gear.

I tried my old Scorpion mesh jacket yesterday for a change and about passed out on the way home. The Dainese is way better!!!

I bought a Dainese Air Frame Jacket
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...textile-jacket

Dainese Drake Super Air pants
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...-air-tex-pants
    Steve
    Are the pants cooler than motorcycle jeans with kevlar?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

They are cooler than regular jeans / Levis
    Steve