PDA

View Full Version : Corbin seat

Dark Knight
09-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Today after a short 200 mile ride my back is hurting a little. I see Corbin has a seat with a back rest. I never rode a bike with a back rest. Does this help?

I notice I ride a little hunched to keep top of head out of the wind, and I can straighten up to get wind into the top vents.

Thoughts?

MichaelG
09-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Today after a short 200 mile ride my back is hurting a little. I see Corbin has a seat with a back rest. I never rode a bike with a back rest. Does this help?

I notice I ride a little hunched to keep top of head out of the wind, and I can straighten up to get wind into the top vents.

Thoughts?

Go with a Utopia backrest...www.utpr.com...and the direct link for the F6B backrest from them is: http://www.utpr.com/f6b.html

I have one, love it, and it does not causwe you to be struck by lightning. :shock:

If you get the quick-release detachable mount...you can ride with it, or without it.

Much better than spending money on a Corbin seat.

dickiedeals
09-30-2013, 05:14 AM

Thoughts?

Wow Miles beat me to the punch, I was going to direct you to the same link. The Utopia is a great product and very adjustable. Was going to tell you that you could test ride mine to see what You think but your on the other side of the US. Dickie

chipmaker
09-30-2013, 05:38 AM
I found that I sit up straighter after install in Rocky's risers. Back feels better...

timjoebob
09-30-2013, 12:00 PM
I'd recommend a Utopia backrest as well, and I own a Corbin seat. It's a less expensive fix.

I'm liking my Corbin more and more after putting 3500 miles on it, but I'd still go with the less expensive fix. As someone has already said, risers may help, too. MBL has risers (available at Wingstuff)... that's what I have.

Once you get a new bike, it's always in search of the holy grail of comfort.

Mustangjake
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
I bought the Utopia and I liked it but the seat still sucked so I bought the Corbin only have about 800 miles on it still happy with it & about buying it. And the wife likes it also.

Darkknight
10-03-2013, 05:28 AM
Dark Knight, I just reviewed my new corbin this morning. See my thread. I'm 5'10" with fairly long wingspan. The back support is nice, I'm still adjusting for maximum comfort.

Bruce B
10-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Good to remember that the Utopia fits only on OEM seat pans, at least it has until recently. Check out their site before ordering to go on a Corbin or any other after market seat. I do have one on my Rick Mayer seat but that was built on the stock pan. When in doubt, talk to the fine folks at Utopia.