PDA

View Full Version : ERGO III issues.

blackmetoc
01-16-2017, 03:45 PM
So I pulled the center bolt out and pulled off the ERGO IIIs so I could get to the plugs. PUtting them back on, they won't align the same way so they had the give and ratchet lock feel. I pulled down the instructions and they talk about a helix alignment, etc. I see the "peak" in the cap, but nothing seems to lock when I just hand fit it in. When I tighten the bolt in, it just locks tight for a bit then eventually the highway pegs just start moving again. If I uber tighten, it will destroy the washers inside. Ask me how I know. lol

Any suggestions? Seems it should be a simple thing, but something does not seem aligned quite right, but if I try to feel my way around the cap and catch, nothing catches.

InvictusF6B
01-24-2017, 07:40 AM
Hi, I'm not sure exactly what the issue is but perhaps my previous issue will help you identify yours. I noticed one day that my Ergo III's would push all the way to the ground instead of coming to a stop at the fully extended position. After tightening the bolt, they would simply push right back down to the ground. upon further inspection I found that the slotted ring inside that engages the arm had completely sheared itself free from the base. I would remove the bolt and attempt to remove or pull out the Cast Chrome looking slotted ring (looks sorta like a gear). If it spins or you notice movement then like me, you probably have a damaged mounting face. mine appeared to be fine at first but after removing it, it broke into 4 pieces in my hand. K-yakin was very helpful in getting a replacement and I haven't had any issues since. Hope this helps, or that you have a less severe problem. Smiles and rides!