PDA

View Full Version : What's Everybody Using for Concealed Carry in Your Saddle Bag?

JBM Golf
01-17-2017, 04:09 PM
I am looking for a pouch for concealed carry in my saddle bag. Here in one that I found that looks pretty good. What's everybody else using?

https://www.amazon.com/Hopnel-H50-112CCP-EZ-Carry-Pouch/dp/B00KYFGW6W/ref=pd_sbs_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PNT9CFFPY1GWVYGB9RD1

seadog
01-17-2017, 04:22 PM
I am looking for a pouch for concealed carry in my saddle bag. Here in one that I found that looks pretty good. What's everybody else using?

https://www.amazon.com/Hopnel-H50-112CCP-EZ-Carry-Pouch/dp/B00KYFGW6W/ref=pd_sbs_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PNT9CFFPY1GWVYGB9RD1

You'll say "Wait a minute", get your key and open your saddlebag and pull the gun out of the pouch and shoot the guy, right? Most gun fights aren't more than 3 seconds long, me thinks you haven't thought this thru!

stroguy
01-17-2017, 04:30 PM
If I have to remove my pistola from my waistband, the holster comes with it. But the if is rare. Only for Federal facilities do I remove my pistol. Recruiters or the Federal building downtown. But if I am going there I usually will just leave it at home. Too many stories of car break ins and now the bad guy has your gun. Just carry always and limit the Federal visits.

JBM Golf
01-17-2017, 04:45 PM
You'll say "Wait a minute", get your key and open your saddlebag and pull the gun out of the pouch and shoot the guy, right? Most gun fights aren't more than 3 seconds long, me thinks you haven't thought this thru!

Yes I have thought this though. I realize it's not the optimal place for concealed carry. My left saddlebag does not require a key. I disconnected the cable so I can be opened rather quickly. I would only place the gun in the saddlebag when I am riding. I prefer not caring it on my belt while ridding so I thought this might not be a bad placement for it.

Jhox
01-17-2017, 04:50 PM
http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/

opas ride
01-17-2017, 05:46 PM
It is, in my opinion, an American tragedy that we even have to think of these things in a "free society", but it is what it is and those that want to "carry" have the right to do so!!!! Hope I never have to fire my mine ever....Ride safe

Sorcerer
01-17-2017, 07:24 PM
50 bucks? A simple $8.00 padded gun rug will do. On the off chance that I have to disarm, gun stays in its holster then goes in the locked side bag. If I am traveling through a commie state or one that does not honor my carry permit it goes in the $8.00 padded gun rug in one side bag and the ammo goes in the other side bag.If your going to carry off body, I hope you carrying something else on body.

stepbill
01-17-2017, 07:25 PM
http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/

Like it! One of my concealed carries is a Kahr PM9 and this is perfect for it.

Airborne06
01-17-2017, 08:10 PM

On my 2017 Harley Ultra Limited, I can reach back and open the side bag with one hand...to this:

http://shop.captain-itch.com/Motorcycle-Gun-Holster-Panel-Motorcycle-Gun-Holster-Panel.htm

Davidk
01-18-2017, 12:12 AM

This. It is imperative to have instant access. Gunfights don't wait for u to get your gun.

RLatt
01-18-2017, 02:30 PM

THIS +1

53driver
01-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Mine stays on my person.
The bike becomes a shield/fortification if necessary.
No bike access required means I can get clear of the bike to a "safer" place without leaving my lead dispenser behind.

:shrug: Just seems un-shepherd-like to ever have your primary/secondary weapon(s) inaccessible. :nono:

Cheers,
Steve

stepbill
01-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Mine stays on my person.
No bike access required means I can get clear of the bike to a "safer" place without leaving my lead dispenser behind.

:shrug: Just seems un-shepherd-like to ever have your primary/secondary weapon(s) inaccessible. :nono:

Cheers,
Steve

I totally agree. (sound like a valley girl) I always have mine on me but when you arrive at a place that displays no weapons allowed, how do you get it from your person to the bike without brandishing? I think that is kind of what the OP was talking about.

53driver
01-18-2017, 08:30 PM
I totally agree. (sound like a valley girl) I always have mine on me but when you arrive at a place that displays no weapons allowed, how do you get it from your person to the bike without brandishing? I think that is kind of what the OP was talking about.

Well, I guess I "brandish" very quickly....
Sleight-of-hand, use helmet as cover device, squat down next to open pannier door and transfer using a rag, all sorts of techniques.
I also generally don't park in "high foot traffic" areas so the chances of being seen are minimized.

Of course, unless they are "scanning me," I generally don't take the "No Weapons Allowed" sign very seriously.
Cheers,
Steve

Fla_rider
01-19-2017, 06:00 AM
https://urbancarryholsters.com/size?gclid=Cj0KEQiA5IHEBRCLr_PZvq2_6qcBEiQAL4cQ00E ClmY9EB2g9jhbC2pw6GmOBYjb5f6FFEuE13ew--oaAu2k8P8HAQ

I like this one.

stroguy
01-19-2017, 06:03 AM
Well, I guess I "brandish" very quickly....
Sleight-of-hand, use helmet as cover device, squat down next to open pannier door and transfer using a rag, all sorts of techniques.
I also generally don't park in "high foot traffic" areas so the chances of being seen are minimized.

Of course, unless they are "scanning me," I generally don't take the "No Weapons Allowed" sign very seriously.
Cheers,
Steve

Thankfully we had a Governor and Legislature that eliminated simple brandishing for CCW card carriers. Sometimes common sense can prevail.

RTaz
01-19-2017, 07:42 AM
Fits in any pocket even a vest.

53driver
01-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Fits in any pocket even a vest.

How many ounces of water does it hold??? :icon_mrgreen:

Cheers,
Steve

RTaz
01-19-2017, 07:01 PM
Fires to a depth of 50 meters!:shock:

Cheers,
Steve

Davidk
01-19-2017, 08:16 PM

Cheers,
Steve

Lololololol

Fla_rider
01-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Fires to a depth of 50 meters!:shock:

I doubt any gun could fire to a depth of 50 meters. :jerkit:

tiltingf6b
01-20-2017, 07:14 AM

they all can if the water is deep enough the round will SINK to the bottom.

rdeady
01-20-2017, 07:57 AM

I see you are heavily into spearfishing. Throw up a few picks of some of the fish you have shot if you get a chance!!! I used to do a lot of diving always had the spear gun with me. Not that I was any good as I was not :)

USMARINE
01-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Mine stays on my person.

Cheers,
Steve

+ 1
I keep my weapon strapped to my waist with a round in the chamber and use a good retention holster; while on the bikes I use Safariland retention holster. In addition, it would be kind of difficult to practice your draw from a motorcycle saddlebag.

stepbill
01-22-2017, 07:23 PM

Cheers,
Steve

Steve, I spit some beer out when reading that one!

Sorcerer
01-22-2017, 07:36 PM
I was just at Home Depot and they have a bunch of Husky brand of work pouches with metal belt clips that if one chose, may fit your needs. They range from $5.00 - $10.00.

53driver
01-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Steve, I spit some beer out when reading that one!

1000 apologies!
Alcohol abuse Level 2!!!

Remind me at the next rally to refill that one for ya!
Cheers!
:cheers:
Steve