PDA

View Full Version : Caught on video: Father with family in SUV chased, beaten by speed-demon bikers

bobbyf6b
09-30-2013, 03:27 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/30/20759574-caught-on-video-father-with-family-in-suv-chased-beaten-by-speed-demon-bikers?lite

Mustangjake
09-30-2013, 04:54 PM
That's why they have concealed carry !
What's sucks is I only carry 17 rounds with me !

Scotrod
09-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the audio of that dayumed dirt bike annoying?

Other than that, what a cluster. Hard to say exactly how it all started.

Have not heard of such 'gatherings' here in Houston, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens at one time or another.

F6B-RICH
09-30-2013, 07:52 PM
I am from NJ and ride a lot in NJ & NY. I guess I need to keep a eye on the mirrors more for large groups of riders coming up on me.

fsixb_AZ
09-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Wow, just like the movie Road Warriors with Mel Gibson, motorcycle thugs beating up the civilians....hey, there is more to this story, I did notice the Range Rover ran over a bike early on, they hit another one later in the vid....who knows what happened to set off the altercation, but I'm not making any judgement:nono: until the whole story comes out.

Cool Hand Luke
09-30-2013, 09:33 PM
http://rideapart.com/2013/09/new-york-bikers-video/

bobbyf6b
09-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the audio of that dayumed dirt bike annoying?

I thought the same thing. It must have been a Motard bike.

Scotrod
09-30-2013, 10:01 PM
As we already knew the outcome, there wasn't a whole lot of suspense involved,,, Got tired of the audio and turned it way down before the end.

I must be getting old,,, :icon_lol:

Dark Knight
09-30-2013, 11:01 PM
In New York ONLY criminals have guns. The man was scared for his life and his family's. Should have reversed!

This is a rare case that the MC riders were clearly wrong.

Bruce B
10-01-2013, 01:02 PM

Don't complain about only 17 rounds, in California we're limited to 10 round mags.
That's why we buy spare mag holders for the offside front pocket.

JesseS
10-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Don't complain about only 17 rounds, in California we're limited to 10 round mags.
That's why we buy spare mag holders for the offside front pocket.

Isn't that the truth, I normally have 2 spare mag's for my Glock, but on the bike I only carry one. So glad I kept my CCW when I retired, saves a lot of explanations with the boys in blue to have a retired badge & ID.

Mustangjake
10-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Dude I don't even own a 10 round mag 14 17 r mags 4 33 r mags for my glocks 9mm

MaxDrive
10-05-2013, 03:33 PM
The sad thing about this is the morons give the whole bike community a bad name. We started to have these idiots in Alabama but the State Patrol came down hard on them. It's sad someone got hurt but Jay Meezee brought this on himself.

From the Boston Herald: Edwin Mieses has a six-page criminal record that began at age 12 with a negligent driving charge and includes jail time for drugs, guns, resisting arrest and other convictions, according to court records.

fl1madmax
10-05-2013, 05:58 PM

if your caught with a hand gun in NY its Jail Time, only the Criminals have guns, Smart , I don't think so !

1951vbs
10-07-2013, 07:17 PM
I ride every day (my bike is my car) and I have been reluctant to post this observation but: Has anybody noticed since this incident cage drivers are less tolerant and more agressive? Or am I just paranoid? I am not talking about the normal texting and others drifting into your lane which are daily realities but folks not wanting to let you merge or riding your tail. Back when chopper TV started people stared giving me the thumbs up and not the blank stare and it got better and better until texting and email, facebook etc. but some a--holes are just plain mean.

MichaelG
10-07-2013, 07:23 PM
I ride every day (my bike is my car) and I have been reluctant to post this observation but: Has anybody noticed since this incident cage drivers are less tolerant and more agressive? Or am I just paranoid? I am not talking about the normal texting and others drifting into your lane which are daily realities but folks not wanting to let you merge or riding your tail. Back when chopper TV started people stared giving me the thumbs up and not the blank stare and it got better and better until texting and email, facebook etc. but some a--holes are just plain mean.

Mike, my wife went riding on Sunday, to get one of her bikes out and on the road, that she had not ridden for quite some time. After a normal 150 mile ride for her...her normal out-in-the-country route, she came home with a concern on her face, and we talked about it. She perceived the same thing you are talking about...that the incident in NYC "may" have caused a ripple effect of car drivers saying..."we won't let that happen to us", so they are becoming more agressive.

Just an observation...:shock:

1951vbs
10-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Mike, my wife went riding on Sunday, to get one of her bikes out and on the road, that she had not ridden for quite some time. After a normal 150 mile ride for her...her normal out-in-the-country route, she came home with a concern on her face, and we talked about it. She perceived the same thing you are talking about...that the incident in NYC "may" have caused a ripple effect of car drivers saying..."we won't let that happen to us", so they are becoming more agressive.

Just an observation...:shock:

I hope we are wrong or maybe it will just run its course. I have always gone out of my way (to/from work) to drive nice wait my turn and let people merge, turn in front etc. You drive with these same people everyday and they have to notice but I am looking over my shoulder more now that ever.

bobbyf6b
10-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I haven't really noticed a difference since the video, because most cagers in Phoenix were already a$$holes! :banghead:

But seriously, I haven't noticed a difference.

Steve 0080
10-09-2013, 04:49 AM
This story has been in the headlines since day one...give it some more time...the truth will be out soon, maybe 3-4 months....there are three sides to every story....my side, your side and the truth.....

When it is all said and done the SUV driver will have " started " it...what ever that means...same thing with the T. Martin shooting...what happens in the dark always come to light....