PDA

View Full Version : Ready to buy

phunter32
01-19-2017, 04:58 PM
I just need thoughts on if I should buy the standard or deluxe model. I don't see myself using the center stand or heated grips all that often so I am leaning towards 2015 base model.

Thanks in advance

DMAGOLDRDR
01-19-2017, 05:09 PM
I bought the Standard but afterwards felt the centerstand was needed. Also living in New England I ended up adding the Heated Grips.

The self cancel signals were of no interest to me and I don't carry a passenger often to need the backrest.
I did add a Corbin Seat with backrest and the backrest slides out and can be put in the back for a passenger, so on the off times I carry one of my daughters or lady friend am good to go with this set up.

tpwood
01-19-2017, 05:10 PM
If you can afford the deluxe get it, especially if you do your own maintenance, I didn't have one when I had my Harley, it was a real pain to change a tire without a center stand.

Ixol Phaane
01-19-2017, 05:16 PM
I just need thoughts on if I should buy the standard or deluxe model. I don't see myself using the center stand or heated grips all that often so I am leaning towards 2015 base model.

Thanks in advance

Yeah... my thoughts about the heated grips when I bought my '14 two years ago was "Meh." I live in Phoenix... Arizona... you know... 118 degree summers... 60 degree winters. But truth be told, I really, really like the grips when the temps are reaching down into the mid-40s before they come back up into the hi-50s. Yep... toasty warm hands! :icon_biggrin:

And the center stand is so convenient to have when doing the oil changes and other misc shop work and cleaning.

The passenger backrest is useless for the driver, but my gf loves it! And it does come in handy from time to time as an anchor point for a day bag or gear bag or other some such.

The self cancelling turn signals do live up to the "meh!" factor, though. I can take or leave 'em.

I'd go with the Deluxe model. Am very glad I did.

Either way, though, you're gonna love the ride.
Best.Bike. Ever. :icon_biggrin:

BIGLRY
01-19-2017, 05:25 PM

Thanks in advanceYou say that now, but the first time you have to change a rear tire and don't want to lay the scoot on its side or the first time you change your oil you'll be wishing you had gotten the center stand.
Now if you never do any service maintenance like change your oil, clean the wheels or if you have road side assist so you don't ever have to take your real wheel off on the side of the road, then by all means skip the center stand. I think of all the post on this forum by F6B owners who bought the base model then relize how beneficial the center stand is that come on here looking for one... I could have made a lot of $ if I had a few of them setting round.:icon_lol:

Sorcerer
01-19-2017, 05:54 PM
The center stand is a very useful item. The rear tire is way down under the bags. It's reall nice not haveing to chase the bike around the garage to find the valve stem. On the center stand the front tire is off weighted enough you can rotate the tire to find the valve stem. The center stand is also of use when changing tires. Jack under the engine to pull the front tire. Changing the rear it can be used 2 ways. I For pulling the tire the way the owners manual shows. 2 it gets the tire off the ground when you use the " lay it over on its right side" method. The passenger back rest I use as a pack cock when carrying my at- Bag. Gives me a extra bungy spot. Heated grips are a god send. Living in Minnesota I have departed home with the grip heaters AND the Gerbing gloves and jackit linner on. Now you really have to learn the timing of the self canceling blinkers. For me self canceling blinkers were a no brainer. On my Valk I had added a "Blinker Buddy" because I would forget to cancel them more than I care to admit. We all know that a blinker on sets us up for others to turn or pull out infont of us.

JMartin
01-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Just my opinion, but I can't imagine owning a bike this heavy without a center stand. That's a must.

The passenger backrest is neither here nor there, but for the future addition of any rear rack (the factory rack is pathetic), it includes some additional hardware that you will need anyway.

Self cancelling turn signals should be standard on any vehicle that moves... car, motorcycle or otherwise. I still don't understand that.

I love my heated grips. I'd never add them after the fact, but to be included in the Deluxe upgrade is a no brainer.

Again, just my $.02.

Jim

98valk
01-19-2017, 07:24 PM
I use my center stand a lot. Love it.

I also use the heated grips a lot because they are right there to use on-the-fly (my gloves may not be). Even on a 60 degree night, it is fun to turn them on and enjoy the heat.

Turn Signals. I have to admit that I am one of those idiots going down the road for miles with my signal on, looking stupid and asking to get hit. Everyone has got to have done this once at least? No more!

I do often cancel them early, and sometimes hit them again to extend their timeout. But I never, ever leave them on now. :icon_lol:

JMartin
01-19-2017, 07:32 PM
I do often cancel them early, and sometimes hit them again to extend their timeout. But I never, ever leave them on now. :icon_lol:If you're like me, you also hit the unlock button on the remote for your car several times as you walk up to it? Just sayin'

opas ride
01-19-2017, 07:42 PM
I would buy the Deluxe hands down...Center stand is great when airing the tires, cleaning the rear rim, under the bike etc. and much easier when changing the oil......BTW I was at local dealer today looking around and saw a Matte Grey 2016 Deluxe on the floor...Used, with very few miles, dealer picked it up for $12,000 at a local car dealer...."Ouch" I paid a bundle more for my 2013 Deluxe and it was brand new!!! By the end of this riding season I was told one could probably pick up used F6B's for under $10,000 or less......Bikes never sold as Honda had hoped...What a shame as it is a great bike in my judgment.....Ride safe

edgeman55
01-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Really depends if those extra items are a must for you.I got a Standard 13 model and knew how I could get a take off centerstand for about 80 dollars.Very nice to have and very easy to install.I ride solo so the passenger backrest is not needed and from what I have seen here needs a extension to be comfortable for the passenger.Heated grips also was not a must for me and one could always get heated gloves if that were a problem.As far as self cancelling turn signals I guess they are nice but if I get to the point that I can't remember to shut them off after a turn-maybe I should not be riding anymore-LOL.So I saved about 900 bucks on the purchase of this bike going this way.

seadog
01-19-2017, 08:36 PM
My M109R Suzuki Boulevard had none of those on it and it was just fine! Of course that was before I had all those extras. Now after living with those goodies for 2 seasons of riding on the 2015 F6B Deluxe I bought, I would never buy another bike without them! Michigan loves the heated grips on late night rides and the centerstand is wonderful for oil changes, cleaning the bike as its almost always put away in the winter months setting on the stand. The back rest hold the rear strap on my very large Kuryakyn touring bag with the help of a strip of Velcro on the backside of it. I have gotten use to the self cancelling turn signals and its set them and forget them after a turn as they shut themselves off without a whimper. An Oh the cruise control on the big freeways is just a dream and a half. You can buy the standard if you like but the benefits of those extras outweigh anything you claim you don't need. It like a peanut butter sandwich when you ran out of Jelly. Its OK but without the jelly it is just that---OK

lake_carl
01-19-2017, 10:17 PM
Deluxe likely worth the extra, the heated grips I thought I would never use but have used them when riding in rain with no gloves