PDA

View Full Version : Thankful for many things

tiltingf6b
01-20-2017, 06:50 AM
I am thankful I live in America
I am thankful I can ride a motorcycle - esp. an F6B
I am thankful I survived being run over by a drunk driver 8 plus years ago.
I am thankful to have served 21 plus years in U.S. Navy special Forces doing EOD work
I am thankful to have lived at a time when change (social and technological) has been the order of the day!
I am thankful to be able to listen to a multiple sources of news NOT owned by the government
I am thankful to be able to do and accomplish anything I want if I am willing to work smarter, harder with relentless self determination and play by the rules
and yes
I am thankful for Mr. Barrack Obama - whom I believe did a great job as the President of the United States, in the face of irrational adversity. Very few, if any of us, could claim to be able to have done the same, if we even tried.

http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/federal_deficit_percent_gdp

I am also thankful our system of government allows for changes in leadership - even if I do not like the choices - they still represent the American People's choices.
When I respect the Commander in Chief I also show my respect to all my fellow Americans.

ride often my friends!

and remember this:

:clap2:

53driver
01-20-2017, 09:21 AM
I too am thankful for many of those same things.
It is truly great living in this country.
I also served 24+ years as a helo pilot, dropping you guys in and picking you out of those strange places that seemingly had recent unexplained explosions.

However, we need to go for a ride and then polish your accounting skills over lunch & a brew (my treat).
Topic: charts the gov't produces to make itself look good.

Cheers,
Steve

tiltingf6b
01-20-2017, 09:58 AM
I too am thankful for many of those same things.
It is truly great living in this country.
I also served 24+ years as a helo pilot, dropping you guys in and picking you out of those strange places that seemingly had recent unexplained explosions.

However, we need to go for a ride and then polish your accounting skills over lunch & a brew (my treat).
Topic: charts the gov't produces to make itself look good.

Cheers,
Steve

Half way ride between Milton / Mobile = Pensacola? Sundays?

Redlinez
01-20-2017, 10:01 AM
Thanks for posting something thankful! I agree with most of your thanks.... Served 6 years in the Navy.
The number one thing I'm thankful for is my Savior who died on a cross for my wretched self. The only true freedom I'll ever know lies in eternity. I am thankful to be an American, where the freedoms we enjoy most in this world never will.
I am thankful for all those who died in the name of US freedom.
I am thankful for democracy and the possibility of real change.

DTOM
01-20-2017, 10:05 AM
That was refreshing...thank you, tilt. In a time where so much hate is spewed at home and abroad, it is a good exercise in humanity to take a step back and see the good all around us and express gratitude. Ride on!

53driver
01-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Half way ride between Milton / Mobile = Pensacola? Sundays?

Sure! I'm pretty much free on most Sundays unless the Office of Management & Budget (wife) reroutes my leisure.
This coming Sunday I have been rerouted. Grrrr.
Or we could meet in Loxley or some place in AL a bit further west than PCola.
I'm not too particular....
Cheers!

edgeman55
01-20-2017, 04:36 PM
That was refreshing...thank you, tilt. In a time where so much hate is spewed at home and abroad, it is a good exercise in humanity to take a step back and see the good all around us and express gratitude. Ride on!

+1