PDA

View Full Version : F6B prices tanking

opas ride
01-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Was at a dealer yesterday just looking around and talking about my 2013 F6B and joking about when, if ever, a new GW and/or F6B may be coming..No answer, but he showed me a 2016 Matte Grey Deluxe with very low miles he had just picked up for $12,000.."Ouch", I did not ask what he would sell it for, but he told me I would be "lucky" to get $9500 trade for mine even with custom paint, Baggershield, Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, etc..11,500 miles....I said "no thanks", I will keep mine a while...Regards

stroguy
01-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Mods and personal add-on are a wash. You will recoup pennies for your personal flavor

Sorcerer
01-20-2017, 12:35 PM
When I crash mine last summer Blue Book and NADI listed retail at $13,800. Trade at $10,500. The insurance co went by what they were selling for in my area which was $11,800. That is what my insurance co paided for the bike then plus excesseries and gear. We are now in a new model year so your $9,500 sounds about normal for a trade price.

opas ride
01-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Mods and personal add-on are a wash. You will recoup pennies for your personal flavor

Yes I am well aware that "bling" and add-on's are a waste of money except for personal choice...I was not looking to trade or talk money about such, just a little "ticked" that the F6B prices dropped so quickly and the bike was such a slow seller!!!...Regards

rdeady
01-20-2017, 12:43 PM
I was told $8000 to $8500 for my 2013 f6b with 3000 miles when I test rode a new indian

DMAGOLDRDR
01-20-2017, 01:12 PM
At my local Dealer last night and they still have a NEW 2013 Black F6B on the floor. I didn't dare ask how much in fear of knowing how little mine may be worth. BUT I didn't buy this bike for an investment. I bought it because it was what I wanted and as with all my hobbies I seldom make money on fun.

I do feel for anyone looking to sell or trade as they will take a hit due to slow sales. At least it is not a Victory !!!!!

opas ride
01-20-2017, 01:19 PM
At my local Dealer last night and they still have a NEW 2013 Black F6B on the floor. I didn't dare ask how much in fear of knowing how little mine may be worth. BUT I didn't buy this bike for an investment. I bought it because it was what I wanted and as with all my hobbies I seldom make money on fun.

I do feel for anyone looking to sell or trade as they will take a hit due to slow sales. At least it is not a Victory !!!!!

Exactly why I bought mine and spent all the extra bucks on custom paint, seat, pipes, windshield, chrome, etc...No plans to sell or trade unless I down size as I get older and want to go for something smaller and lighter...Love my F6B and there is nothing currently in the marketplace that would get my interest up.....

Az Wingrider
01-20-2017, 03:10 PM
I think the F6B will be like the original Valkyrie. Honda will quit making them because of lack of demand then after a few years their value will stabilize and even rise as people realize that it is a great motorcycle. I owned three of the original Valkyries and if I manage to wear out this F6B (doubtful) I will find a low mileage used one to replace it.

I consider the F6B to be the best motorcycle I have ever owned and I personally don't worry about what the value of it is. I just plan to keep riding and enjoying it.

edgeman55
01-20-2017, 04:22 PM
I consider the F6B to be the best motorcycle I have ever owned and I personally don't worry about what the value of it is. I just plan to keep riding and enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

+1 Who buys any new vehicle with the intent of not losing value.Anything I have bought new I really want and plan to keep for many years.I do not care what my 13 F6B is worth cause it's worth every penny I bought it for in the joy I get riding it.

Kitulu
01-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Well, hopefully the prices will go down enough on the 2015-2016's in the next couple of years that I can afford to buy one sooner, rather than later.

Jimmytee
01-21-2017, 06:58 AM
I think the F6B will be like the original Valkyrie. Honda will quit making them because of lack of demand then after a few years their value will stabilize and even rise as people realize that it is a great motorcycle. I owned three of the original Valkyries and if I manage to wear out this F6B (doubtful) I will find a low mileage used one to replace it.

I consider the F6B to be the best motorcycle I have ever owned and I personally don't worry about what the value of it is. I just plan to keep riding and enjoying it.

I am choosing to ride my Valkyrie today. High of 70 in January.:icon_cool: It's my second Valkyrie, got her set up pretty nice. I feel pretty much the same way with the F6B as you described, but if Honda does something really cool with the new Gold Wing I ain't promising nothing.:icon_wink:

seadog
01-21-2017, 07:42 AM
Prices are only that low if your willing to part with it. I wouldn't part with this bike for that low a dollar for love or money. This one is a keeper and the last motorcycle I will buy as in my opinion there is nothing that I think is better for the money. This 2015 Deluxe is by far the nicest motorcycle for the money on the planet. I have had a lot of good motorcycles but this one is a great motorcycle and it is just my humble opinion that its the best one I have ever owned.

Fla_rider
01-21-2017, 08:37 AM
I'd give up my wife before my F6B! Just like others have said it only matters if you plan on selling her (F6B):lolup: I plan on .5 million miles with her.

AnthonyGen
01-21-2017, 10:47 AM
I just purchased a new '13 red leftover F6B standard for $13k in January '16. My only hesitation about the purchase is I just had a local dealer email me an offer for a '15 Matte Silver Deluxe for $15,495. I could've bought a bike 2 model years newer with cruise and the best color IMO that Honda offered for $2500 more. This same dealer was firm at $15,995 two weeks ago and would not budge on price.
Like many of you, I bought my F6B to ride and enjoy and knew when I picked it up I just threw $2500-$3000 away as far as resale value. It's even more depressing to see these bikes on Ebay with <5000 miles and no bids at $10,500 or $11,000. Hopefully, the value will increase a little when riding season gets back into full swing.
My next toy that I'm considering to add with the F6B??? Check out the listing below and see how much this $100k R&D bike has tanked. I think these bikes were fetching $25k-$30k$ new and actually went up over that number when they were discontinued. Some crazy deals to be had out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Honda-Valkyrie-/262815219370?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d3101feaa:g:BMIAAOSw44BYgUDK&item=262815219370

broncsrule21
01-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Considering the comfort this bike gives my wife and I, and the proven reliability of the Goldwing platform. I can't see parting with mine for a very, very long time. My main longterm goal would be custom paint. Resale value is the least of my worries, and I have another bike if I feel the need to act like a hooligan. Though my trusty Bandit has gotten very few rides since the "Death Bat" has come into my life.

Jhox
01-21-2017, 12:01 PM
I just purchased a new '13 red leftover F6B standard for $13k in January '16. My only hesitation about the purchase is I just had a local dealer email me an offer for a '15 Matte Silver Deluxe for $15,495. I could've bought a bike 2 model years newer with cruise and the best color IMO that Honda offered for $2500 more. This same dealer was firm at $15,995 two weeks ago and would not budge on price.
Like many of you, I bought my F6B to ride and enjoy and knew when I picked it up I just threw $2500-$3000 away as far as resale value. It's even more depressing to see these bikes on Ebay with <5000 miles and no bids at $10,500 or $11,000. Hopefully, the value will increase a little when riding season gets back into full swing.
My next toy that I'm considering to add with the F6B??? Check out the listing below and see how much this $100k R&D bike has tanked. I think these bikes were fetching $25k-$30k$ new and actually went up over that number when they were discontinued. Some crazy deals to be had out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Honda-Valkyrie-/262815219370?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d3101feaa:g:BMIAAOSw44BYgUDK&item=262815219370

How did you "throw away" $2500 in resale value if you would have paid $2500 more to buy the '15 model?

Maybe the other dealer dropped the price due to an allowance from Honda. But either way, you apparently could not have bought at the lower price on the day you bought your '13.

As far as the Rune, they are very cool but I doubt many owners would tell you they were a slam dunk investment winner.

If you are already concerned over resale 2 weeks after buying, maybe you chose the wrong model of motorcycle, and not just the year of production.

Hope you can enjoy your F6B.

AnthonyGen
01-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Definitely bought the right model. I looked at used F6B's before buying the new one. I was just stating that I knew when I signed the paperwork if I were to sell the bike the next day it would be a $2500 loss. As for the ''15 model, I'm saying I would've paid $2500 more to get the matte silver and cruise control plus a two year newer bike. My only hesitation is that I bought too quick and if I would've waited a couple more weeks I might have bought the '15. As for best bang for the buck, I probably did better buying the '13 but I bought this bike to ride and enjoy. I don't feel I'm hurting too bad on my purchase as the dealer also threw in a center stand, backrest, heated grips and labor as part of my deal. So I basically got a new Deluxe for $13k.

The Rune is certainly a niche bike. I wouldn't be buying it to put miles on. I would probably just ride it to local car and bike shows because it's just a rare cool bike.

This F6B is my second one and I have regretted selling my first F6B ever since it left my garage.

Another crazy update since this forum is about F6B prices dropping. Dealers are starting to offer 2016 F6B Deluxes for under $16k and I bet you will be able to get a cool white '16 for $15k-$15.5k by summer.

Either way, the F6B is perfect for someone not ready to go full wing and it's sad the bike didn't sell better. Honda should've probably kept the msrp around $16,995 instead of $21,995 as that would've been a more realistic msrp to start with.

seventwenty
01-22-2017, 12:46 AM
Why is it that some dealers can be as much as $2k lower than other dealers. Is there that much difference in their cost.? I drove out and looked at a new 2015 Standard today, bottom dollar was $17k. I paid $15k for a new 2013 last July, evidently that was too much but it was the best deal I could find in my area.

Salesman told me the 2015 was a dx, but after getting there he had to correct himself. With all of the reports here of 15 dx's going for between $15 & 16k, I'm thinking I need to update. I realize that I'll take a big hit on the current bike but I really like the matte silver and the extras on the deluxe would be nice.

D-Train
01-22-2017, 02:08 AM
I am choosing to ride my Valkyrie today. High of 70 in January.:icon_cool: It's my second Valkyrie, got her set up pretty nice!

We need pics bro! :icon_wink:

willtill
01-22-2017, 07:19 AM
Why is it that some dealers can be as much as $2k lower than other dealers. Is there that much difference in their cost.? I drove out and looked at a new 2015 Standard today, bottom dollar was $17k. I paid $15k for a new 2013 last July, evidently that was too much but it was the best deal I could find in my area.

Salesman told me the 2015 was a dx, but after getting there he had to correct himself. With all of the reports here of 15 dx's going for between $15 & 16k, I'm thinking I need to update. I realize that I'll take a big hit on the current bike but I really like the matte silver and the extras on the deluxe would be nice.

Greed. Dealer markup

Zteve
01-22-2017, 07:25 AM
Great for buyers though! I picked up my used 2013 for $10,500 last summer. Couldn't be happier!'gw-smiley'

Jimmytee
01-22-2017, 08:41 AM
We need pics bro! :icon_wink:

I only took a couple pics yesterday. This was when we found a little Chinese restaurant to grab some lunch. 25292

unsub
01-22-2017, 08:55 AM
Personally I wouldn't be using any dealer/salesman as a weather-vane on product prices that they buy/sell/trade in. Motorcycles are typically bought with disposable income for enjoyment of life and not investment, and lastly you will never experience depreciation on anything you don't sell.

Let's not continually bemoan the market value of the F6B.

I was just cleaning and prepping my bike for spring riding, not spring selling!:yes:

53driver
01-22-2017, 09:03 AM
.....I was just cleaning and prepping my bike for spring riding, not spring selling!:yes:

A-Men!

Jimmytee
01-22-2017, 09:23 AM
and lastly you will never experience depreciation on anything you don't sell.

Besides the fact she is still a hoot to ride, that is one of the reasons I have held onto my Valkyrie. I've got love, time money and memories invested I'll never recoup if I sold her. Also another reason I've been content to leave the exhaust alone on my F6B. Not heard a GL1800 yet that sounds as good as the Valkyire GL 1500 through 6 into 6 pipes. :icon_wink:

Bob Penn
01-22-2017, 09:28 AM
The only guys who get hurt by these price fluctuations are the guys who buy bikes to show off!

If you bought your "B" to ride and you put the reasonably expected 100,000 miles on it I doubt you'll have anything to complain about when you trade it in.

AnthonyGen
01-22-2017, 09:40 AM
I would think the majority of us who own an F6B cherish it for what it is and my return on investment is priceless given the smile I get every time I look at it or ride it.

Those who are looking to buy an F6B like myself two weeks ago. Well, who doesn't like to buy something at the best price? I don't understand why dealer prices fluctuate so much. A dealer in Indianapolis has a new '13 Deluxe and "wants" $16,995 and that includes the Honda Bonus Bucks. Another dealer in Cleveland has a '15 Deluxe and "wants" $17,995. I stress wants because I have a feeling they are going to have these bikes for awhile unless an uninformed buyer walks into the dealer and makes an impulse buy before studying the market.

Since it appears the 2016 will be the last year for the F6B in the US market, some dealers are just simply trying to get them off of their floor and taking $6k-$7k off.

I don't know if this is true but I think that I read on here or somewhere that Honda is still sitting on a lot of '15 and '16 F6Bs in their warehouse. If this is true and you already own an F6B, I would wait another year or possibly two and you will most likely see the '15 and '16 F6Bs going for $13k at dealers. I'm going to enjoy my new '13 this summer and next summer and if I can pick up a new '16 Deluxe at the end of 2018 for a good deal then I'll upgrade. Who knows, maybe the new Goldwing will offer a removable trunk option. Wouldn't that be cool?

D-Train
01-22-2017, 11:21 AM
I only took a couple pics yesterday. This was when we found a little Chinese restaurant to grab some lunch. 25292

Ahh, I thought you had a new '14 or newer model Valk. That looks like a '98 or '99? Here's my old 2000 Valk. I put a bunch of money into it too.
25294 :icon_cool:

Jimmytee
01-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Ahh, I thought you had a new '14 or newer model Valk. That looks like a '98 or '99? Here's my old 2000 Valk. I put a bunch of money into it too.
25294 :icon_cool:

Actually it is a 2000 also with '97 tins on it. The guy I bought it from years ago had a 97 and this 2000 which he swapped paint. I did have a 98 before this one . It was a blue and white.

No I test rode a 14 Valkyrie before I bought my F6B. Loved the ride, but just didn't make sense when I wanted stereo ,bags and other things. Love my F6B. 25295

AnthonyGen
01-22-2017, 12:36 PM
JimmyTee,
Love how you broke up the red on your fairing with the black. If you don't mind me asking, was it actual paint, vinyl overlay, or plastdip?

AnthonyGen
01-22-2017, 12:39 PM
JimmyTee,
Two more questions. What speakers/brackets are you using on the rear and is the audio wiring already under the seat for the rear speakers? Did you notice a considerable amount of more sound? Great looking bike!

D-Train
01-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Actually it is a 2000 also with '97 tins on it. The guy I bought it from years ago had a 97 and this 2000 which he swapped paint. I did have a 98 before this one . It was a blue and white.

No I test rode a 14 Valkyrie before I bought my F6B. Loved the ride, but just didn't make sense when I wanted stereo ,bags and other things. Love my F6B. 25295

Ah yes, I've done my share of swapping out tins too!

http://dwelch.cocc-cis.com/roadie.html

Of course buying all new tins instead of painting is more expensive, but I'm glad I did it on my Road Star. I don't recall what I paid for them ($1500?) or what I did with the old tins.

I'm also interested to know what you did with your F6B fairing. Looks great! :Saweeet smilie:

Jimmytee
01-22-2017, 04:35 PM
The fairing bit was my fist attempt into using wrap material. I used some good quality carbon fiber wrap material. :icon_cool:

Wavalk
01-23-2017, 02:35 AM
I just picked up a new 2015 F6B Deluxe for $15,000 with no added dealer fees. Hopefully this was a decent deal. I think that its a lot of motorcycle for the money.

rider33
01-23-2017, 09:13 AM
I just picked up a new 2015 F6B Deluxe for $15,000 with no added dealer fees. Hopefully this was a decent deal. I think that its a lot of motorcycle for the money.

It is. They are listing around the country right now in the 16.5-18 range with some wiggle room in that so 15 w/o added fees is good. More importantly it is well designed, well equipped bike easily capable of 100,000 miles plus and carrying a 3 year, unlimited milage warenty. If travel is your thing, there is not a better bike or better deal to be had. The Kings and Sprinfgfields I was looking at recently would be an easy 6-8 more and that's before you start looking at the very expensive accessory catalog.

F6Dave
01-23-2017, 09:53 AM
I just read that there is a glut of used cars (and trucks) nationwide, and those prices are tanking, too. Used cars depreciated 23% last year, compared to a long term average of 18%.

Every bike I've ever owned depreciated a lot. My old (1988) BMW airhead has fared the best. The drop we're seeing in our slow-selling F6Bs doesn't seem at all out of line to me. I bought the F6B because it's an incredible motorcycle, well worth what I paid for it.

opas ride
01-23-2017, 10:43 AM

Absolutely the best deal on the market now...A terrific bike that does just about everything one would want and need..Maybe a different windshield, or seat, but well worth the great prices now avaibable....I wish I would have paid that low of a price for my 2013 Deluxe, but then I have enjoyed 3 years of fabulous riding!!....Regards